the good the bad the not so ugly vs the giants

BackinBlack

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll admit I was very wrong about Amik. I simply didn't want him making the 53 coming week one. But man he did he ever make a few very nice plays yesterday.

He's earned more PT.

I don't know if he's consistent enough to warrant a spot on an annual basis quite yet. Consistency has always been his Achilles heel. 

That said, it's not too late for him to turn a corner. 

I mentioned earlier that we left points on the field. Big whoop. 

But I'm encouraged that O'Connell could have easily had a 2-4 TD game yesterday if just a couple of things went just a little different. 

The throws were there, so the playcalling was fine. Big + for Hardigree. 

O'Connell missed a couple passes and got pressured too quick on a pass that had Renfrow TD bound easy. Those are things I would bet on disappearing as he gets more time. 

It's really hard to be pessimistic about yesterday's performance. 

• Like 1

Random observations

I was impressed how Bo  modified the offense in only 4 days. Could be the reason why we trailed off in the 2H but I’m not complaining. The only way up is up. With more time we could become more consistent. At some point every experienced coordinator needs to call their 1st game

Aidan OC did about as well as a rookie mid rounder could do. The velocity on his throws is noticeable different than Jimmy and Hoyer. No mistake we were able to run the ball. No more crowded boxes. I think he has a chance to be QBOTF. He’s not an athletic freak or has a cannon but he has everything else you’ll want in a QB. The improvement from start 1 to start #2 is noticeable 

He reminds me of a young Kirk Cousins or even young Tom Brady. Both are not great athletes or cannons for arms but adequate enough to make all the throws

Speaking of Jimmy, he looked engaged on the sidelines helping as a backup should do.

-Didn’t hear Dexter Lawrence or Kayvon Tibs name much at all. Best game from the o-line all season

-Defensive line looked great. Tyree Wilson and Adam Butler have gotten better throughout the season 

- We are not gonna be an easy W anymore

- Unless we fall on our faces the rest of the season, Coach AP will be the new coach and have the interim tag removed 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What’s wild is that PFF has GVR rated as the #4 guard in the league

Oh wow, didn’t know that! I don’t think he’s been that good to be honest (often puzzled how pff make their grades) but he’s been a significant upgrade over Bars I think.

I am really REALLY hoping that we have hit on a few things.  

- Champ Kelly becomes the GM we all want.  He is respected around the league per comments made by reporters (FWIW).  

- Antonio Pierce being THAT DUDE.  The team responded yesterday like I haven't seen in years.  He is a little brash, but what else would you want from a Raider HC?  

- AOC being the QBotF.  As some have pointed out he did about as well as a mid round rookie could do.  Honestly, if we hit one of the 3, this would be the best on to hit.  

I know it is highly unlikely that we have hit on all three, but man it would be cool if we did.  It would make this offseason much much simpler.  

one can hope.  

• Like 3

My favorite play of the game is when AOC made an audible at the LOS to get out of a run play when he saw the D was about to run commit. Then he threw that quick out to Tae. That was maturity right there and you don't normally see a QB in his 2nd career start making adjustments like that at the line. 

• Like 4