the good the bad the not so ugly vs the giants

BackinBlack

The good:
AOC - first win, took no sacks. Missed some throws, but overall managed a game well. Gotta be able to manage a game before you can be anything more than that. Something Jimmy couldnt do. 

Jacobs - had 100 yards until got hit behind the lines, but as predicted, magically looked better this week. 

Renfrow - got involved

Carlson - back to automatic
AJ Cole - set a record for punt average (min 4 punts)

The D - made a bad O look bad. got some turnovers and what 8 sacks? loveeeeeed it

Making JMD look even more useless by beating his season high points in the first half. 

The Bad:
Peters hands lol, what happened? at least hobbs and amik where able to clean it up. 

The Ugly:
our biggest win (points wise) in what 2 years, and the forum dead. Sad. 
Yes it the Giants, but we finally made a bad team look bad. 
Who knows what the future holds, but damn, this was finally an exciting game. Havent felt that for a while. 
AP and AOC may not be the answer, but, they did all you can ask for their fisrt game. 

We stil play:
Jets, vikings, chargers, colts and broncos... we play like today and we can beat any of those teams. 
would be lucky to win 1 or 2 more max, get the F out of here. We can beat every single one of those teams. 

Give me the hope of the unknown vs the proven POS any day and all day! 
Lets go beat the Jets!

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The good:
AOC - first win, took no sacks. Missed some throws, but overall managed a game well. Gotta be able to manage a game before you can be anything more than that. Something Jimmy couldnt do. 

Jacobs - had 100 yards until got hit behind the lines, but as predicted, magically looked better this week. 

Renfrow - got involved

Carlson - back to automatic
AJ Cole - set a record for punt average (min 4 punts)

The D - made a bad O look bad. got some turnovers and what 8 sacks? loveeeeeed it

Making JMD look even more useless by beating his season high points in the first half. 

The Bad:
Peters hands lol, what happened? at least hobbs and amik where able to clean it up. 

The Ugly:
our biggest win (points wise) in what 2 years, and the forum dead. Sad. 
Yes it the Giants, but we finally made a bad team look bad. 
Who knows what the future holds, but damn, this was finally an exciting game. Havent felt that for a while. 
AP and AOC may not be the answer, but, they did all you can ask for their fisrt game. 

We stil play:
Jets, vikings, chargers, colts and broncos... we play like today and we can beat any of those teams. 
would be lucky to win 1 or 2 more max, get the F out of here. We can beat every single one of those teams. 

Give me the hope of the unknown vs the proven POS any day and all day! 
Lets go beat the Jets!

I'm sure a lot of the dead forum was the fact that this game wasn't televised anywhere outside of NY and Las Vegas. Usually Raider games are televised all over the West Coast, I haven't even got to watch the game yet. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

I think Hardigree should be in the good. He wasn’t perfect and we trailed off a little at the end, but for his first time being a play caller that was a fun game. 

100%, he was great I thought as well.
sure it got a little conservative at the end but we were running well, and game was basically over. (which i never say as a raider fan, but this game realy felt over with like 8 mins left)

• Like 1

Just now, NickButera said:

I'm sure a lot of the dead forum was the fact that this game wasn't televised anywhere outside of NY and Las Vegas. Usually Raider games are televised all over the West Coast, I haven't even got to watch the game yet. 

oh dang didnt even realize this. put that in the bad. Everyone just forced to watch cowboys eagles?

figured most just stream, its always like 2mins delayed and can tell who in here is fancy and has the sunday ticket 😆

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

oh dang didnt even realize this. put that in the bad. Everyone just forced to watch cowboys eagles?

figured most just stream, its always like 2mins delayed and can tell who in here is fancy and has the sunday ticket 😆

I was given Eagles-Cowboys and I live within 30 minutes of Oakland (so we still usually get Raiders coverage)

• Like 1

I could easily see this:

vs Jets - W

at Dolphins - L

vs Chiefs - W

vs Vikings - W

vs Chargers - W

at Chiefs - L

at Colts - W

vs Broncos - W

10-7, wildcard spot. 

I could also easily see this:

vs Jets - L

at Dolphins - L

vs Chiefs - L

vs Vikings - W

vs Chargers - L

at Chiefs - L

at Colts - L

vs Broncos - W

6-11 again. 

The rest of the season is going to be interesting. Jets will be a tough game. Best Defense in the NFL imo. And they are healthy right now. Their offense sucks but it’s definitely better than the Giants. Wilson has been playing ok. And Breece Hall is an absolute monster. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I could easily see this:

vs Jets - W

at Dolphins - L

vs Chiefs - W

vs Vikings - W

vs Chargers - W

at Chiefs - L

at Colts - W

vs Broncos - W

10-7, wildcard spot. 

I could also easily see this:

vs Jets - L

at Dolphins - L

vs Chiefs - L

vs Vikings - W

vs Chargers - L

at Chiefs - L

at Colts - L

vs Broncos - W

6-11 again. 

The rest of the season is going to be interesting. Jets will be a tough game. Best Defense in the NFL imo. And they are healthy right now. Their offense sucks but it’s definitely better than the Giants. Wilson has been playing ok. And Breece Hall is an absolute monster. 

yup I agree, the schedule is pretty easy, if they can go 1-2 against KCx2 and Miami, they 100% have a chance to make playoffs, just based off how the schedule plays out. 
Not at all a given, or even likely. but when a team picks up momentum, things can change fast. Same with a team that loses momentum. 

Jets game no doubt will be tough, but with jmd and jimmy, I saw it as a game their D would win field position and win an ugly 6-3 game. Now, while yes I agree AOC will struggle, all it really takes is 2 good drives and you have a chance against the jets as their O struggles too. 

Maxx is a legit DPOY candidate (if we end season strong), and if AOC can just play decent our O has potential to be a top 12 unit. 
Easily can see the team falling apart, we are the raiders, I think everyone on this site, knows the Raiders can fall apart. 
To say this team can win max 1 or 2 more games here on out, is crazy though. 
Theyve improved at HC and QB. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

The Good

Big win, making a bad team look bad and taking advantage - not saying were a good team yet but that is a very encouraging sign.

Great to see the rookies out there, O'Connell, Burney, Silvera, Tucker, Mayer, Wilson all contributed. Big #99 able to hold a double team and I want to see him more and more, loved him marching the RG back and manhandling him for Crosby's first sack. Silvera should overtake Jenkins shortly on the depth chart. Great for Wilson to get a sack and some confidence. Mayer's blocking continues to improve, he's going to be great.

Defence took advantage of a bad offence for once. We harried the QB, got pressure and sacks and picked him off. Dline looked a bit more lively with Butler buzzing about and Crosby playing at a DPoTY pace. Really he's right up there with Watt and Bosa as the best Edge in the game and doesn't have nearly the help they have. 

Playcalling I thought was good, nice mix and not predictable, we used several receivers, didn't zone in on one and mixed the run in nicely. I'd probably say the OC looked after O'Connell but without babysitting him and let him rip it a few times to keep the D honest like the bomb to Tucker. Nice to see Renfrow involved again. 

Anyone else think the tackling seemed better today?

Oline protection was decent and Jacobs looked fresher and lively good game by both.

Amik is just a playmaker, he makes mistakes but he makes things happen too. Love his energy.

STs was excellent throughout.

The Bad

Couple of untimely drops, both on offence and defence.

Pity we couldn't finish off a few of those second half chances with a TD rather than a FG, but it's a minor gripe.

The Ugly

Nothing really, though there are much, much sterner tests to come. Great start to the Pearce era.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The Good

Big win, making a bad team look bad and taking advantage - not saying were a good team yet but that is a very encouraging sign.

Great to see the rookies out there, O'Connell, Burney, Silvera, Tucker, Mayer, Wilson all contributed. Big #99 able to hold a double team and I want to see him more and more, loved him marching the RG back and manhandling him for Crosby's first sack. Silvera should overtake Jenkins shortly on the depth chart. Great for Wilson to get a sack and some confidence. Mayer's blocking continues to improve, he's going to be great.

Defence took advantage of a bad offence for once. We harried the QB, got pressure and sacks and picked him off. Dline looked a bit more lively with Butler buzzing about and Crosby playing at a DPoTY pace. Really he's right up there with Watt and Bosa as the best Edge in the game and doesn't have nearly the help they have. 

Playcalling I thought was good, nice mix and not predictable, we used several receivers, didn't zone in on one and mixed the run in nicely. I'd probably say the OC looked after O'Connell but without babysitting him and let him rip it a few times to keep the D honest like the bomb to Tucker. Nice to see Renfrow involved again. 

Anyone else think the tackling seemed better today?

Oline protection was decent and Jacobs looked fresher and lively good game by both.

Amik is just a playmaker, he makes mistakes but he makes things happen too. Love his energy.

STs was excellent throughout.

The Bad

Couple of untimely drops, both on offence and defence.

Pity we couldn't finish off a few of those second half chances with a TD rather than a FG, but it's a minor gripe.

The Ugly

Nothing really, though there are much, much sterner tests to come. Great start to the Pearce era.

Agree with this. Playcalling was very good I thought, like you say looked after AOC well. Also by leading by so much no point putting other plays on film for teams to pick up on. 

Pleased for the defense, sacks and picks are a good reward for the way they have been playing in the main. PG has done a good job with them this year imo. Moehrig looks a lot better. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agree with this. Playcalling was very good I thought, like you say looked after AOC well. Also by leading by so much no point putting other plays on film for teams to pick up on. 

Pleased for the defense, sacks and picks are a good reward for the way they have been playing in the main. PG has done a good job with them this year imo. Moehrig looks a lot better. 

Yeh, that's a good point you make. Maybe we had a few tricks which we kept up our sleeves for future as we didn't need them, makes no sense to open everything up for scrutiny. We jumped out to a big lead and just played sensible without taking huge risks, last thing you'd want is for your rookie QB to get ahead of himself and throw a couple picks giving them any kind of momentum.

Really impressed with the job OC and QB did given they only had a few days preparation but it seems like we went with what O'Connell was comfortable with, he looked at ease and in control and the occasion didn't look too big for him. Looked after the ball and made sensible plays. Maybe he needed a bit more touch on a few passes but overall, given they didn't have a full week even it was, I would say, an accomplished performance without blowing our socks off.

• Like 3

The good:

Josh McDaniels sucks and it's undeniable. 

Josh McDaniels is currently jobless. 

1st half playcalling was excellent and beyond criticism on both sides of the ball. 

The bad:

Nothing really "bad". Playcalling was sort of vanilla in the second half, but it was a first outing for the HC and OC, and it was O'Connell's first scheduled start not related to injury. 

OL play and coverage still needs some work, but that's not likely to change until next year and we have fresh blood. 

We left some points on the field (despite breaking 30, so cry me a river right?)

The ugly:

How long we were subjected to Josh McDaniels'utter stupidity and how much time was wasted and how many possibile wins were lost because he is so ridiculously incompetent at his job. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

Yea I had to do nfl+ premium last sec just to watch it after the game played but it was worth it