Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Saints (5-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, HEYPAUL! said:

I’m genuinely asking because this thread is the only place I’ve heard or seen anyone talk up the saints defense to the point that they are far superior than the falcons. Even their own fans think their d is trash. I’ve heard professionals say the defense levels are comparable. The stat you provided doesn’t take into account the Saints played trash offenses all year.

like I said above. I’ll check this thread later and we can review this stellar defense of the saints.

Pretty strange to note how one stat (DVOA) might have poor parameters for evaluation, and then suggest that you're going to judge the Saint defense by a single game sample against the Vikings.

For the record DVOA does adjust for opponent after week 6 I believe, however I don't think this is captured in the rankings I gave. Which is of course because I was just giving a surface level example of one of the stats I offered as possibly being a better barometer of team production.

You're free to do your own research and thinking on the matter however.

43 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Per the ESPN injuries page.

Osborn and Hock are Questionable, Lowry is Doubtful, and Hall is Out.

he's the one who concerns me the most, and would have the biggest downward effect on us not winning, i feel.

if Hock can't play, or is pulled out early, will Josh Oliver finally earn that big paycheck...?

• Like 1

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas was placed in a police car after a building contractor in his neighborhood said Thomas pushed him and threatened him over where his vehicle was parked.

It is unclear if Thomas was arrested. The Saints have confirmed they are aware of the incident and gathering more details.

The contractor, Luis Cifuentes, told WDSU in New Orleans that on Friday at about 5:30 p.m., Thomas threw two bricks at his truck and pushed him over.

Cifuentes said he is the project manager for a home being built near Thomas’s home, and that Thomas complained that the construction crew was parking their vehicles on the street. Cifuentes says Thomas made threatening comments including that Cifuentes’ car would get a “brick or a bullet” if he parked where Thomas told him not to.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/michael-thomas-placed-in-police-car-after-allegedly-pushing-threatening-contractor

such a nice team culture the Saints organization stimulates....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

UGH!!! If we hadn't wasted all that money on Josh Oliver's mammoth, exorbitant, anxiety-inducing contract, then we could have signed a Tight End to take some of the burden off of T.J. Hockenson to allow him to heal properly while still being able to utilize the Tight End position in this offense! WILL THE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES EVER END????

• Like 1