Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Saints (5-4)

swede700

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Second game he played better but did not protect himself from an injury. 

He looked ready to play on that second drive. Unfortunate that he got injured, but I don't think that's an indictment of his readiness. He was in command of the huddle, making checks, and moved the ball all the way down to the goal line. The only way they find out if there's something to work with is live game reps.

I'm glad he's not going to play against the Saints with the concussion. I don't think Mullens will be a factor at all except for injury to Dobbs or Hall.

Given the circumstances, It's kind of cool to be in a position where you are finding out about the future of the team week by week with depth and young guys while still being able to remain competitive in the playoff hunt. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

First game of Hall he fumbled the ball away deep in his own territory with the game still close.

Second game he played better but did not protect himself from an injury. 

Id say he simply might not be ready to play and it very well could be a detriment to his own health if he does play. So Dobbs has to be the starter going forward and that isn’t putting him in a pedestal. Reality is, Hall needs to sit and was never a real option to see the field this year. The unlikely happened with Cousins having a significant injury. 

I think it becomes more interesting once Mullens is healthy. 

I definitely don’t agree with that conclusion. I’m not going to hold it against Hall that he got hurt trying to make a play. And if we hold the fumble against Green Bay against him, well the same thing happened to Dobbs against Atlanta. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Given the circumstances, It's kind of cool to be in a position where you are finding out about the future of the team week by week with depth and young guys while still being able to remain competitive in the playoff hunt. 

yes! that's what i mean, when i say this is a new season for us all of a sudden.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Lol I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.  I fully expect him to come back down to earth. 

My point about Bledsoe is that Dobbs doesn't have to be Brady to keep the job.  He replacing a 5th round rookie and not a good veteran.  It's still not really known if he came in to be the eventual starter or just the backup plan to Hall

I don't think so either, but a point had been made that he's basically entitled to continue to play on the basis of this one game.  I can't agree with that.  I enjoyed it just as much as the next guy, but I still don't think he's earned any right whatsoever.   

47 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't think so either, but a point had been made that he's basically entitled to continue to play on the basis of this one game.  I can't agree with that.  I enjoyed it just as much as the next guy, but I still don't think he's earned any right whatsoever.   

I wouldn't say he's entitled but it would be hard to not start him after that game when he would be getting replaced by another backup.  It makes the decision easy with hall in concussion protocol imo

It'll be interesting to see how they play it and how long of a leash Dobbs hsa but hopefully eventually they are comfortable with naming a starter going forward

• Like 1

Can you believe that if the Vikings win this game...and the 49ers lose at Jacksonville...which is possible, that the Vikings will have a better record than the 49ers and potentially have the 3rd best record in the conference behind only Philly and Detroit?  It's all in front of us, gents. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Can you believe that if the Vikings win this game...and the 49ers lose at Jacksonville...which is possible, that the Vikings will have a better record than the 49ers and potentially have the 3rd best record in the conference behind only Philly and Detroit?  It's all in front of us, gents. 

With Dobbs leading the way. Who would have thought. Just two weeks ago he was leading a one win team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I’m not going into any game the rest of the season expecting to win. But at least we know this team is going to fight every game. 

With Jefferson returning soon and the defense playing relatively well, I certainly expect to win against the Bears and Packers. Maybe the Broncos. They should be able to beat the Saints this weekend. Win these games and they are at 9 wins which puts a wild card spot in play, maybe even the division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

With Jefferson returning soon and the defense playing relatively well, I certainly expect to win against the Bears and Packers. Maybe the Broncos. They should be able to beat the Saints this weekend. Win these games and they are at 9 wins which puts a wild card spot in play, maybe even the division. 

I’m just saying that our QB situation makes each game a lot tougher. It’s not that I don’t think we’ll win any of our games. I’m just saying that I’ll be enjoying the games more for the grit and be less affected by the outcome. 

• Like 1