Titans Release Fowler, Promote Carraway To 53 Man Roster

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Without Mariota, that 2015 draft class has to go down as one of the worst of all-time.

DGB, Poutasi, Blackson, Fowler, Cobb, Mount, Gallick, McBride. That's every non-Marcus pick in 2015.

The final blow from the Ruston Webster era.

With no special team experience and the lack of versatility on offense, Fowler days were numbered. Especially with his recent inactives and the addition of Stocker.

22 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Without Mariota, that 2015 draft class has to go down as one of the worst of all-time.

DGB, Poutasi, Blackson, Fowler, Cobb, Mount, Gallick, McBride. That's every non-Marcus pick in 2015.

jesus christ

I said it in another post.  I HATE THIS MOVE.  We should've cut Weeden or maybe even Dodd in this case.  Fowler's got a lot of tools we could've used in this offense, excellent lead blocker, good pass catcher, extra power runner if needed, and he was grossly underutilized IMO.  If our beloved OC had a stitch of innovation in him, Fowler could've been a real X-factor in our smashmouth game.  I just hope we can obtain him again.  BAD MOVE IMO.

You know I have to have a positive spin... :)

Webster did give us Mariota, Lewan, DaQuan Jones, and starter Williamson.   2 replaceable serviceable starters and 2 franchise corner pieces.   4 starters in 4 drafts.....yeah that's bad. :)

Even though, Kendall Wright, Zach Brown, Chance Warmack, Schewnke, and Angelo Blackson proved to be worthy NFL players, none performed up to the level of their draft position. Webster was responsible in part (coaching too) for the lowest span of years in franchise history

Fowler could have been a better player I think. He was used as a RB in college and was a good pass catcher. I guess he was a piece of an offensive plan from Munchack's tenure that stayed around for being a good player and person. But snap count didn't deserve a roster spot.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I guess he was a piece of an offensive plan from Munchack's tenure that stayed around for being a good player and person. But snap count didn't deserve a roster spot.

I honestly would have rather have seen us try him out at tight end instead of burning offensive snaps on Supernaw. Though I guess that probably comes back to Fowler not having a role on ST.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I honestly would have rather have seen us try him out at tight end instead of burning offensive snaps on Supernaw. Though I guess that probably comes back to Fowler not having a role on ST.

Lol, I feel that was even one his traits. "Could even line up at TE."

8 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Not a big loss, as he barely played, but I would have cut Weeden over Fowler. 

Agree on both fronts... Fowler's role had been completely phased out... He had a couple of good blocks earlier in the year, but offered almost nothing else.

And I still dont understand carrying 3 QBs at this point. Weeden or Cassel should be the next cut. 

Archived