General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the ESPN article this morning, I drafted an email.  Just need to know how to get a hold of him:

Dear Mr. Belichick,

I recently read the ESPN article highlighting your deteriorating relationship with Tom Brady and Kraft.  I believe I have a solution that preserves your legacy and gives a giant middle finger to the Patriots organization:

1) Leave the Patriots at the end of the season.  You're likely losing one or both coordinators and the article seems to hint that you worry how much longer Brady can be elite.

2) Return to where it all started: as the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns.  No one would bat an eye at us firing our coach months after we should've, you have salary cap and draft to quickly make this team as you want it, and at 1-31, simply making the playoffs in the next three years before you retire would cement your legacy as more than Brady's coach.  You skip playing the Pats next year until playoffs, and with Big Ben leaving soon, the AFC North is winnable for the next few years.  Keep or fire Dorsey, your call.

3) Optional icing on the cake:  Make Peyton Manning your Director of Player Personnel.  Bring Jimmy's buddy onboard to work with the best and really piss off Tom and Bob.  Imagine the photos of both of you working together. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cleveland Browns

you know what makes me mad. With Green Bay looking like they are cleaning house, Browns should of been able to make themselves into the AFC version of the packers. Screw doing a parade in Cleveland, have the parade at Goodell's house and make him enforce the rules that mishandling a player to IR means they are released. Browns should of claimed Aaron Rodgers by now!!!

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

you know what makes me mad. With Green Bay looking like they are cleaning house, Browns should of been able to make themselves into the AFC version of the packers. Screw doing a parade in Cleveland, have the parade at Goodell's house and make him enforce the rules that mishandling a player to IR means they are released. Browns should of claimed Aaron Rodgers by now!!!

He would be a free agent being a veteran of at least 4 seasons so there would be no waiver wire process. If they forced the Packers to release him I'm sure he would chose to sign with the Packers again anyway.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He would be a free agent being a veteran of at least 4 seasons so there would be no waiver wire process. If they forced the Packers to release him I'm sure he would chose to sign with the Packers again anyway.

If it’s during the season it should be a waiver claim process.  If it’s during the off season he becomes a true FA. That’s how it was basically described when I heard about it after he was placed on IR. 

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

After the trade deadline veterans are subject to the waiver wire just like any other player.

Archived