Week 11 GDT: Browns vs Steelers

MWil23

Who will win  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Scrabble’s stockpiling of postgame Alpha awards in cringey Beta fashion
    • Mike deciding to show up after a win
    • LetsgoBrownies with digging up negative receipts postgame and omitting his own predictions for reasonable negative outcomes
    • Mwils coming cognitive dissonance as he asks himself are we good or bad
    • Candyman’s amusement as the postgame thread carnage
    • The Browns
    • Pittsburgh and their negative point differential

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s absolutely not worse than Pickett imo.

He was bad enough that they needed to try Pickett for a spark last year. It worked for the most part. He was okay for a rookie.

He hasn't improved and maybe regressed. Doesn't seem to use his legs as much. Seems like a Daniel Jones type QB. Not a guy you want or that you fear but he is there.

I don't think they want to make a switch. Trubisky isn't their future and really doesn't offer a whole lot more. However, if he plays like he did against us against lesser defenses they may have no choice. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
36 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I was thinking about this yesterday.  How bad is Mitch Trubisky, that he is behind Kenny Pickett on the depth chart?

He’s absolutely not worse than Pickett imo.

Trub is better and yet turns it over infinitely more and so that makes him worse

22 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Great win I never want to see DTR again 

I think we are going to see DTR the rest of the season.

The good news is the only games you saw him in were Pitt and Baltimore, 2 of the best defenses in the NFL.

I think you will see a much more fluid offense the rest of the way as he settles in.

Is he great? of course not, but hes better than the other options.

And if he's really bad, I guess there's Joe Flacco...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think we are going to see DTR the rest of the season.

The good news is the only games you saw him in were Pitt and Baltimore, 2 of the best defenses in the NFL.

I think you will see a much more fluid offense the rest of the way as he settles in.

Is he great? of course not, but hes better than the other options.

And if he's really bad, I guess there's Joe Flacco...

We have a slim chance of going deep in the playoffs, and it all hinges on DTR.  PJ Walker ain't it, and Flacco can possibly fill in for a game or 2 if needed. But the only way we do anything of significance this year is if DTR learns on the fly.

Not great odds. But better than zero.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

We have a slim chance of going deep in the playoffs, and it all hinges on DTR.  PJ Walker ain't it, and Flacco can possibly fill in for a game or 2 if needed. But the only way we do anything of significance this year is if DTR learns on the fly.

Not great odds. But better than zero.

So you're saying there is a chance gif

My take too. Albeit not a confident take. He is the best option of a QB that we can start that could improve greatly down the stretch and grows confidence as we face strong competition in the playoffs. 

Also could deservingly get benched by halftime this week. 

I know we want to protect the ball but if opposing defenses know we are throwing in the 0-15 yard range only, they are going to jump routes like we saw last week. That's not fair to DTR, it's hard to succeed in that scenario.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So you're saying there is a chance gif

My take too. Albeit not a confident take. He is the best option of a QB that we can start that could improve greatly down the stretch and grows confidence as we face strong competition in the playoffs. 

Also could deservingly get benched by halftime this week. 

I know we want to protect the ball but if opposing defenses know we are throwing in the 0-15 yard range only, they are going to jump routes like we saw last week. That's not fair to DTR, it's hard to succeed in that scenario.

I think KS said we will let the defense win this game. We will not let Highsmith and Watt make plays and get short fields. Had he just played it safe week 2 we win that game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Haven't we consistently drafted osu guys over the last few years. 

Ward, Wypler and Jones? 

I was yelling at the clouds for years for us passing on big-time Ohio State talents. The last couple years at least the guys we have pulled the trigger on have worked out quite well so hopefully we keep it going.

• Like 1