Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

CJ Stroud ups and Aidan O'Connell ups are not the same ups.

Not even the same “downs”. Even with 3 INTs, Stroud still had a good game. This was my issue with Carr, I don’t mind if he throws 3 picks, just take risks and score points. He was conservative as hell and doesn’t move the chains. Same as AOC. I don’t care if your TD:INT Ratio is good if you don’t move the chains. That’s why your TD:INT Radio is good, you take zero risks. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think if we could trade for Kyler Murray and draft a RT, that might be the better situation. And that scenario I think you could keep AP as I don't think he's a bad coach after one 1 score loss to the best offense in the NFL at home. 

Yea that would be good too. Either way we need to address the qb situation hard this offseason. AP is not bad I was being emotional but I would hate to pass up a better coach just to keep AP the team likes him which is good but that only gets you so far. What else does he bring? He would get a chance to bring in a new oc so that might work 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Carr sucks. To move on was the right move. There is zero argument to keep him at 40-50 million/year given the 9 year sample size we got. He was not the guy and was never going to be the guy. 

to move on with nothing, was not the move, unless trying to tank.. 

its why the raiders asked him back after tom said no lol. 
he was worth 5 mil more than what the paid jimmy and carr this year. 

ive never seen a team purposely get worse at QB when trying to win.. it was idiotic, and again, why they asked for Carr back. 

to move on is fine, but you need to then make a move for your qb. 
-
edit to add, he was due 35mil this year lol.... everyone always complained about us paying him 40-50mil a year, when he never was paid that lol

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

What was it about the 2.8 ypc that Josh was averaging that made you think he should get more carries? During the game virtually everyone in here was saying we should ‘open the offense up ‘ 

The formula is the formula, whether it produces what you want every play or not.

What part of a rookie head coach calling a pass heavy game plan with a poor offensive line and a day 3 rookie at QB sounds good that I'm missing?

14 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Carr sucks. To move on was the right move. There is zero argument to keep him at 40-50 million/year given the 9 year sample size we got. He was not the guy and was never going to be the guy. 

100%. We were always gonna get slightly worse at QB to get better in the long run. Carr is no where near worth that type of contract. He’s a Top 20 QB in this league, but he’s definitely not Top 15, and never winning a championship without a 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2015 Broncos type defense. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

to move on with nothing, was not the move, unless trying to tank.. 

its why the raiders asked him back after tom said no lol. 
he was worth 5 mil more than what the paid jimmy and carr this year. 

ive never seen a team purposely get worse at QB when trying to win.. it was idiotic, and again, why they asked for Carr back. 

to move on is fine, but you need to then make a move for your qb. 

It was the right move. Because Carr keeps you in 8-8 purgatory forever and out of range of a franchise QB. 

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

The formula is the formula, whether it produces what you want every play or not.

What part of a rookie head coach calling a pass heavy game plan with a poor offensive line and a day 3 rookie at QB sounds good that I'm missing?

How many passes did we throw in the 4th quarter? 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

It was the right move. Because Carr keeps you in 8-8 purgatory forever and out of range of a franchise QB. 

we were 500 going into today... I still think we can get a franchise qb this year. 

if we end 8-9, you dont think we can get a franchise QB? 

does that not prove my point then, we shouldve tried to tank? LOL. 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We took Miami to the wire. Most expected us to get blown out with the exception of a few of us

Lots to build upon 

I'm still not sure this is the case. I think it's a moral victory for the young guys and the staff, but I am still favoring a full-on rebuild going into 2024.

• Like 2

Just now, BackinBlack said:

we were 500 going into today... I still think we can get a franchise qb this year. 

if we end 8-9, you dont think we can get a franchise QB? 

does that not prove my point then, we shouldve tried to tank? LOL. 

I think we will finally trade up for a QB. Carr always showed whoever our front office is “just enough” to prevent a trade up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think we will finally trade up for a QB. Carr always showed whoever our front office is “just enough” to prevent a trade up. 

To further elaborate on this, if we had Carr again this year, he probably once again shows “just enough” to prevent a trade up. We had to break the cycle once and for all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dodo said:

How can you possibly put this game on the coaching? Bo could have done better but this was on the line and AOC.  That we were in this game to the end is nuts

Playcalling wasn't particularly good, exciting, or sensible. 

Looked like coaches coaching not to lose rather than to win. 

I defended the staff as much as anyone tye last two weeks, but I pointed out that the "not to lose" vanilla philosophy wasn't going to work forever. 

The end result was that we lost to a better team with better coaching. And, unpopular as it may be to say, we should have lost last week too. We nearly did. 

Props.to the current staff for not getting blown out and holding this ship together, but it's not one that needs to be retained top to bottom. It's a nifty bandaid, not a fresh start. Too many bad decisions were made on the field and on the sideline to say they deserve the full tine job(s)  

• Like 1