Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

I think we will finally trade up for a QB. Carr always showed whoever our front office is “just enough” to prevent a trade up. 

yea that i can agree with. 
just wasted this year and will cost us more resources to move up. 
if we wanted to compete this season for playoffs, it was 100% the wrong move to move on with nothing. 
thats all im saying. 

many said you cant do worse than carr, and weve now seen 3 qbs do worse than carr. 
that was the original statement, and i stand by it. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

To further elaborate on this, if we had Carr again this year, he probably once again shows “just enough” to prevent a trade up. We had to break the cycle once and for all. 

just wish instead of jimmy we threw the 20 mil towards the D, no meyers more for D, just build up that side as without a qb our weapons are useless on On. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

Yea that would be good too. Either way we need to address the qb situation hard this offseason. AP is not bad I was being emotional but I would hate to pass up a better coach just to keep AP the team likes him which is good but that only gets you so far. What else does he bring? He would get a chance to bring in a new oc so that might work 

I don't think the defense would have played as hard if AP were not the coach. Thing can't be argued. These guys are playing hard with no quit. I think we have to let this run its course before moving on from the guy.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

If he test well, the NFL is going to overreact as it always does. Think about this: Baker went number one overall off of hype

What does this even mean? Aren't all QBs who put up great numbers and win a Heisman trophy hyped? Don't they deserve it?

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't think the defense would have played as hard if AP were not the coach. Thing can't be argued. These guys are playing hard with no quit. I think we have to let this run its course before moving on from the guy.

I agree the defense has played inspired. PG is big part of that but AP has played a part as well. Too bad the offense doesn’t play with same juice. We are giving him a shot no other would which is fine diff better than Jmd but need to evaluate coaching landscape hard this offseason we won’t win many more games with aoc at helm 

• Like 2

Just now, Raiderlife24 said:

I agree the defense has played inspired. PG is big part of that but AP has played a part as well. Too bad the offense doesn’t play with same juice. We are giving him a shot no other would which is fine diff better than Jmd but need to evaluate coaching landscape hard this offseason we won’t win many more games with aoc at helm 

I do think the overall offensive game plan wasn't very good. They ran at some of the weirdest times. And through too many screens, despite the only score, being down the field.. while the O'Connell guy didn't play his best game, I don't think the OC did him very many favors either(at least)

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think we can all agree that he should not have gone number one overall

In hindsight, obviously. But, it was not egregious that he went #1 overall. In fact, he wasn't even hyped to go #1 overall, Darnold was. And, that would have been a mistake, too.

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm still not sure this is the case. I think it's a moral victory for the young guys and the staff, but I am still favoring a full-on rebuild going into 2024.

A full rebuild into what? More tests for players and schemes that you don’t know will work or not? Then perhaps another rebuild

This team needs to add some in a few spots and roll into the future

First the 1st time in a couple decades we have an identity on defense. There’s young players across the team that will get better. Let’s stop getting rid of players and watching them flourish across the league 

• Like 2

Just now, Rich7sena said:

In hindsight, obviously. But, it was not egregious that he went #1 overall. In fact, he wasn't even hyped to go #1 overall, Darnold was. And, that would have been a mistake, too.

Yes, and no. He won the Heisman and he put up crazy numbers in the big 12(which in context is not that great) he also didn't test better than any of the other quarterbacks that went in the first round. For example, Darnold and Allen had better throwing traits in Lamar, Jackson had been a running traits. The guy who went to the Cardinals was a better thrower. Had going for him was that he had an attitude that was confused for Moxie, and he won the Heisman so people took that as he's a winner. So that was like how it was happening in real time.

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

many said you cant do worse than carr, and weve now seen 3 qbs do worse than carr. 
that was the original statement, and i stand by it. 

In terms of on field production, sure you can do alot worse then Carr. But Carr is the worst type of QB to have though because as @Tank4Drake has said, he will do just enough to stop you from replacing him and you will spend years making excuses year after year. 

we know already that Jimmy or Aidan wont be starting for us next year. There is no confusion, there are no excuses. We will go into the offseason hopefully with every intention to find the guy. I prefer this.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Agreed. 

But I say the course should end at the end ofnthe regular season barring a major leap forward. 

The issue is this- 

We need a full time HC. 

Candidates will be available for that job. 

Is AP's performance enough to pass on the other candidates? Because if you do, you're on the hook with AP for at least the next 2-3 years. 

The Giants amd Jets aren't good. Josh McDaniels could have beaten them. 

The Dolphins are good. Josh played some good teams close, too. 

Josh wasn't fired because of losing close games, he was fired because of poor overall decisions, performance, and fan backlash. 

The fan backlash was massive in getting him fired. If the results remain the same- that is, we beat a couple of bad teams but can't win otherwise- why does someone deserve the job? 

People are going to defend AP no matter what. Hey, I like him too. But not being Josh McDaniels isn't what I want in a HC. Right now, a lot of people have the rose tinted glasses on simply because AP is not JMD. If the results are still what jMD would produce, we're still largely screwed. 

Absent Bem Johnson or Jim Harbaugh or some other "slam dunk" candidate, I'm fine keeping AP instead of someone else random. But as much as I like AP, I'm just not giving him a pass for being more likeable than Josh was. 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

A full rebuild into what? More tests for players and schemes that you don’t know will work or not? Then perhaps another rebuild

This team needs to add some in a few spots and roll into the future

First the 1st time in a couple decades we have an identity on defense. There’s young players across the team that will get better. Let’s stop getting rid of players and watching them flourish across the league 

Right we have to keep things in perspective. When was the last time we played this good in Miami. And I know that sounds like a moral victory but the reality is this is the best offense in the NFL statistically and we held them to 20 points. Sure we didn't score them but we also have a rookie that was drafted on the third day of the draft, and that no one expected to start playing in his fourth game and an offensive coordinator who's never called plays in the NFL before his game ever. We're not gonna be picking top 10 this year.

• Like 2