Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Harbaugh, Johnson at least. Possibly some others depending on who accepts interviews. Literally name dropped them in the post you quoted. 

My question is what has AP actually done beyond not being JMD? The same results would be the same results, and they weren't good enough. We have cigars in the locker room? We beat horrendous teams? We look like we could potentially pull of an upset but fail to actually do so? Guys are happier? AP talks a good talk? 

Note, I'm in no way saying AP shouldn't be interviewed for the job, nor am I saying we should Bissacia him. What I'm saying is he hasn't done anything I say warrants taking our name out of the HC search emtirely and just removing the interim label from AP's title. The same goes for AP as it does for Champ Kelly, Bo Hardigrree, and AOC- nobody is getting a free pass for not just not being McDaniels, Zeigler, Lombardi, or Carr/Jimmy. 

I say that, because you know as well as I do that regardless of how the rest of this season plays out, there are those out there who will 100% argue tooth and nail that we should simply give the job(s) to those guys "because they're already here". Not "select them as the best candidate following a thorough interview process", but "give them" the job. 

Harbaugh I will give you that one for sure given his actual track record as a winner. Ben Johnson we don't know that for sure. We just know the guy can actually call plays that's true. But 1. We've seen his offense get stopped before 2. We've never actually seen him develop a quarterback, so we don't even know what that would look like. 

In terms of what pierce has done: first and foremost, he has instilled the culture of high-level competition, regardless of who the opponent is. That in my opinion is the first and foremost concern of any head coach, regardless of the side of the ball they are coming from. it's also clear that the players relate to him. In terms of the win loss column he's 2-1 in 3 games. Long enough to assess him in the win loss column to call him a winner or a loser or to say that anyone is definitively better than him currently but in terms of what he's done, he's done a lot of intangible things.

if Harbaugh wants to come coach here and we end up going with him I'm completely fine with that. But if this team goes 9–8 or 8–9, and it's not Harbaugh as of now this guy this guy has them going in the right direction

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Do you not understand the concept of execution? Gameplan seemed fine today, players appeared to be motivated throughout the entire game, and offense (in particular AOC) just didn't execute well today. AOC just had his worst game of the season, that's all. No one is expecting him to be perfect and it's just one game, but he is largely the reason we lost today. Unfortunately we couldn't run the ball and it led to a lot of pass attempts in the 2nd half. If we took advantage of turnovers and took a lead we would have been able to run the ball more in the 2nd half.

I think it's annoying that we win 2 games against inferior opponents decisively, everyone is ecstatic, and then we lose an extremely competitive game against the best offense in the NFL and had numerous opportunities to beat them, and now everyone thinks the coaching staff sucks... makes no sense and is why I say delusional. 

What's your reasoning for why the coaching is to blame for today's loss? Genuinely curious.

I agree Aiden was main reason we lost no doubt. But the coaching wasn't great either. I guess most games there are calls the coaching would want back and hopefully your players can overcome them. I think the blitz at end of half that led to Miami td wasn't great, not kicking fg with lots of time left and Aiden as qb was bad call. We scored 0 points in 2nd half so yea mainly on Aiden but coaching wasn't great especially offensively but nothing was good about the offense today. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Harbaugh I will give you that one for sure given his actual track record as a winner. Ben Johnson we don't know that for sure. We just know the guy can actually call plays that's true. But 1. We've seen his offense get stopped before 2. We've never actually seen him develop a quarterback, so we don't even know what that would look like. 

In terms of what pierce has done: first and foremost, he has instilled the culture of high-level competition, regardless of who the opponent is. That in my opinion is the first and foremost concern of any head coach, regardless of the side of the ball they are coming from. it's also clear that the players relate to him. In terms of the win loss column he's 2-1 in 3 games. Long enough to assess him in the win loss column to call him a winner or a loser or to say that anyone is definitively better than him currently but in terms of what he's done, he's done a lot of intangible things.

if Harbaugh wants to come coach here and we end up going with him I'm completely fine with that. But if this team goes 9–8 or 8–9, and it's not Harbaugh as of now this guy this guy has them going in the right direction

I agree with this assessment. The #1 quality you want in a HC is to instill a winning mentality and culture. I’m not ready to crown AP but based on the 3 game sample size he’s got this team believing they can compete with any team on any given Sunday which is a major step forward. 

My biggest concern is whether or not he can assemble a high quality staff around him. I’m sure PG would stay on as DC (which is a good thing imo) but I’m not confident he will be able to get a high quality OC and I’m not sold on BH beyond this year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

The defense is playing well right now, but I wouldn't count on having a defense going into next year. There still needs to be an accumulation of talent on that side of the ball.

Not if we move on from PG, his unit is balling at a fraction of the investment. 

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Carr sucks. To move on was the right move. There is zero argument to keep him at 40-50 million/year given the 9 year sample size we got. He was not the guy and was never going to be the guy. 

That 40 million  was better spent on Jimmy and chandler jones lol 

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I agree with this assessment. The #1 quality you want in a HC is to instill a winning mentality and culture. I’m not ready to crown AP but based on the 3 game sample size he’s got this team believing they can compete with any team on any given Sunday which is a major step forward. 

My biggest concern is whether or not he can assemble a high quality staff around him. I’m sure PG would stay on as DC (which is a good thing imo) but I’m not confident he will be able to get a high quality OC and I’m not sold on BH beyond this year. 

I mean, yeah, that's true, but you could say that about any new head coaching candidate. In terms of Bo it shouldn't be that hard to upgrade from him. With that being said, I think the bigger deal is that Antonio Pierce wants to be a Smash Mouth coach, and if you're gonna go with him long-term, you have to fix the offensive line because our offensive line consist of a bunch of finesse people we don't have any road graters to open up holes for Jacobs that's not a playcalling issue. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

That 40 million  was better spent on Jimmy and chandler jones lol 

What gets me is that we go and get another defensive event just to find out that the best player to go alongside Crosby was already in the building and you do that at the expense of the ability to get better on the offensive line.