Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

At minimum Hardegree stays his OC. He was given the job on back of them being close. They workout together or something to that effect the same time and built a relationship. 

Either way, I'd question his ability to build a staff. And if this team needs a good offensive staff as they have no QB currently. 

Wasn’t aware of their relationship, I thought Bo got promoted once Lombardi got canned. I’d want an experienced play caller in the building at minimum. Bo hasn’t been bad, but he needs some help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Wasn’t aware of their relationship, I thought Bo got promoted once Lombardi got canned. I’d want an experienced play caller in the building at minimum. Bo hasn’t been bad, but he needs some help. 

If you're keeping AP, he needs a veteran play caller/assistant HC type with him. 

Personally, I like the idea of a more modern offensive game plan. I certainly wouldn't love keeping the psuedo Gase/McDaniels system in place. This offense feels stale even with a rookie QB running it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

After letting this game sink in, here is where I landed:

Defense - Great game from them. Held that offense to 20 points. One score came off that iffy #0 holding call that erased a sack.

AOC - His ceiling is a low end starter, solid backup. Pocket presence is awful, no mobility, poor decisions making and his arm is weak. There is nothing here keeping me from drafting QB.

OC - Completely out coached. Fangio gave a lot of different looks this week, Bo had no answers. Unbalanced, kept throwing short passes even though they were sitting on them. Some conservative 3rd down runs that just said bring out the punter. 

AP - My biggest issue, you can't get ridiculously conservative before half, with that much time on the clock to play for a FG. Then later in the game, with your offense struggling, decide to get aggressive twice on 4th down instead of taking 2 FGs. Pick a lane are you playing to win or playing not to lose, can't do both.

I agree with a lot of this, rough game for   BO and AOC, fangio def a good DC and dolphins had talent but it felt like we didnt get a first down for like half that game. 

for AP, I get it, it was very conservative way to end the half, but with the way dolphins can move i understand... they picked up like 35 yards on their one play right? not that i agree, but i can understand taking the 3 and going in down 1 point. 

the first 4th down call I put on AOC... ridiculous to take the shot there, I believe Mayer was open for the first. gotta know when to just survive. IF aoc hits Mayer instead no one complaining about the call. Bo dialed up a deep shot, but had an option underneath if covered... it was covered, cannot be taking the shot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My issue with AP, he 100% will keep this staff in tact on offense. And these guys are not any good. It would be among the weakest offensive staff's in football. 

Hey, we agree!

Sort of, at least. Same as I would've done for Zeigler,  I'd give AP the opportunity to lay out his vision and bring in a new offensive staff. 

I'm not so sure he 100% would keep the staff intact. But I'm comfortable at 90%. 

Problem is, does he have the connections to bring on something better? And I don't think he does. 

• Like 3

Tyree Wilson - he was raw, and not supposed to play this year but thrown in because Jones went crazy, give him time...
AOC - he was raw, not supposed to play this year, but thrown in because Jimmy is afraid of throwing the ball.... he sucks

at a much tougher position to learn too. 

praying he gets better, yesterday was rough no doubt. still want a qb early in the draft. 

12 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Miss the Rams game? Cowboys game where he fumbled? Him throwing the ball into the ground on 4th down?

Carr and Dak were the leaders in turnovers the last 2 seasons. Red zone or not.

Not sure where you are getting your stats from. Josh Allen leads the league in red zone turnovers the past two years...are you just making up numbers?

Just looked it up and Carr had 2 red zone interceptions and no fumbles lost inside the 20 last year (59 pass attempts in red zone).

Jimmy already has 2 red zone interceptions in 6 games this year (only 21 pass attempts in red zone)? 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

At minimum Hardegree stays his OC. He was given the job on back of them being close. They workout together or something to that effect the same time and built a relationship. 

Either way, I'd question his ability to build a staff. And if this team needs a good offensive staff as they have no QB currently. 

Where did you hear they are buddies and that’s how Bo got promoted?

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Where did you hear they are buddies and that’s how Bo got promoted?

Found it:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/las-vegas-raiders-aidan-oconnell-bo-hardegree-antonio-pierce-josh-mcdaniels#:~:text=a stronger connection.-,Interim Coach Antonio Pierce and Interim Offensive Coordinator Bo Hardegree,a treadmill%2C" Pierce said.

Interim Coach Antonio Pierce and Interim Offensive Coordinator Bo Hardegree have two different personalities but similar mindsets. 

“That was the conversation that goes back to walking around the building and getting to know one another, and really on a treadmill," Pierce said. "We did that right before practice, and we continue to do that before practice. Keep our routine, don't change.

"We are who we are. And you can tell in the tone, and when you ask questions, you can even talk about other opponents and the mindset and hearing him speak and talk. I thought it was just a good match." 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If you're keeping AP, he needs a veteran play caller/assistant HC type with him. 

Personally, I like the idea of a more modern offensive game plan. I certainly wouldn't love keeping the psuedo Gase/McDaniels system in place. This offense feels stale even with a rookie QB running it. 

I'm trying to think about who would be a good fit as an OC, maybe Kliff Kingsbury? 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I disagree and Mark could make the change AP wouldn't have much say in that if he wants the job.

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I disagree and Mark could make the change AP wouldn't have much say in that if he wants the job.

Marks pretty hands off, I’d trust he put that on the HC. AP will be given an interview at seasons end and will have a chance to outline his vision.