Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

4 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

He's not lighting it up with the Saints and their superior Defense in a easier division. Everytime I see someone reminisce about Carr being good, I always remember the bad games. You can't tell me he would have won the Niners game or even played half as good as Stidham did last year.

Benching/getting rid of Carr wasn't a mistake, it's always a cycle with him. He'd just be getting franchise records for mediocre play. 

Not even saying he’d Be good, just doubt he’d be as bad as any of the 3 qbs we’ve seen so far. 
for as bad as he’s been this year, he still leads the league in 40 yard passes or did before today at least… 

the thing we lack most… explosive plays. 
we still have the 3 and outs and what not, just missing the explosive plays. Which at least aoc can provide. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Not even saying he’d Be good, just doubt he’d be as bad as any of the 3 qbs we’ve seen so far. 
for as bad as he’s been this year, he still leads the league in 40 yard passes or did before today at least… 

the thing we lack most… explosive plays. 
we still have the 3 and outs and what not, just missing the explosive plays. Which at least aoc can provide. 

Means nothing when your red zone scoring is bad even with all those weapons. Happened last year and now this year with the Saints.

3 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Means nothing when your red zone scoring is bad even with all those weapons. Happened last year and now this year with the Saints.

Yes yes, heard this all offseason Jimmy is better in Redzone so therefore we will score more. 
unfortunately, 2-7 in the Redzone typically leads to more points than going 2-2 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

It’s irrelevant because he was signed the previous offseason. The savings from moving on from Carr were used to acquire FA’s in the 2023 offseason. 

Does Jones and Jimmy take up more than 40mil vs the cap or no? They’re both eating up a bunch of cap and producing absolutely nothing. 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

6-4 at best... might of beat the Steelers. Still might be 5-5, just with some closer games. 

Still would be bounced out in the Wildcard Round if we made it and once again keep Carr because he showed "just enough" and then right back to 6-10 wins next year. It's an endless cycle with Carr. 

You have to look at the Bears & Chargers game too. Bears game our QBs threw 3 total interceptions. Defense would have played better too with AP at head coach (since we are talking hypotheticals).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Yes yes, heard this all offseason Jimmy is better in Redzone so therefore we will score more. 
unfortunately, 2-7 in the Redzone typically leads to more points than going 2-2 

Yes, and ironically Jimmy G's biggest problem this year was red zone turnovers. At least with Carr we got field goals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

Yes, and ironically Jimmy G's biggest problem this year was red zone turnovers. At least with Carr we got field goals.

Miss the Rams game? Cowboys game where he fumbled? Him throwing the ball into the ground on 4th down?

Carr and Dak were the leaders in turnovers the last 2 seasons. Red zone or not.

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

the fact the front office tried to bring carr back kinda shows they realized the Fd up... . . i know a lot hate carr, but is it really that tough to admit it was a mistake lol. 

our D playing lights out, and QB is holding us back massively. were a bottom 5ish O, and weve been bottom qb play lol

It would have been a mistake it was time to try and find somebody else Saints defense been good same result.

Edited by raidr4life

I'm going to say the same thing when we had Brisccata a guy that can motivate both sides of the ball can't be over looked; but he needs a legit quality OC. Keep Graham and get a playmaker DT and top CB at the very least too add to that side of the ball. On offense we need two legit starters on the OL at LG move Parham to the right and a legit RT. Sign Josh Dobbs dude is a legit playmaker and a dynamic player this offense would look fun , draft a QB as well. We will be trending in the right direction.

• Like 1

After letting this game sink in, here is where I landed:

Defense - Great game from them. Held that offense to 20 points. One score came off that iffy #0 holding call that erased a sack.

AOC - His ceiling is a low end starter, solid backup. Pocket presence is awful, no mobility, poor decisions making and his arm is weak. There is nothing here keeping me from drafting QB.

OC - Completely out coached. Fangio gave a lot of different looks this week, Bo had no answers. Unbalanced, kept throwing short passes even though they were sitting on them. Some conservative 3rd down runs that just said bring out the punter. 

AP - My biggest issue, you can't get ridiculously conservative before half, with that much time on the clock to play for a FG. Then later in the game, with your offense struggling, decide to get aggressive twice on 4th down instead of taking 2 FGs. Pick a lane are you playing to win or playing not to lose, can't do both.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My issue with AP, he 100% will keep this staff in tact on offense. And these guys are not any good. It would be among the weakest offensive staff's in football. 

I’m not certain he’d keep that side all together, my question is who would he be able to bring in. Wouldn’t mind him and the defensive staff back but we need a legit OC at the very least. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m not certain he’d keep that side all together, my question is who would he be able to bring in. Wouldn’t mind him and the defensive staff back but we need a legit OC at the very least. 

At minimum Hardegree stays his OC. He was given the job on back of them being close. They workout together or something to that effect the same time and built a relationship. 

Either way, I'd question his ability to build a staff. And if this team needs a good offensive staff as they have no QB currently.