Week 10: (8-1) Eagles @ (7-2) Chiefs

Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

You would think Sirianni of all people would of by now adapted, taken plays, concepts, ect.... from SF, Mia and KC to ADD to his philosophy on offense. 

Truly is confusing 

I kind of feel like he's being a bit too hands off with the offense since Steichen worked out. I'm not saying he has to take playcalling back from Ben Johnson (yet), BUT I think a bit more direct oversight would be warranted frankly.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

I kind of feel like he's being a bit too hands off with the offense since Steichen worked out. I'm not saying he has to take playcalling back from Ben Johnson (yet), BUT I think a bit more direct oversight would be warranted frankly.

Yes, I'd be dreaming about Ben Johnson as well. 

We got lucky, but sometimes that what it takes. No matter how, this team finds a way to win. It's pretty impressive, and you cant deny that. I don't feel like they are ever out of a game.

The defense is still bad... they almost give up 4th and 25! I mean WTF kind of coverage was that? You're playing 30 yards off?? my god. I thought it couldn't get as bad a Gannon, but this might be worst.

8 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

We got lucky, but sometimes that what it takes. No matter how, this team finds a way to win. It's pretty impressive, and you cant deny that. I don't feel like they are ever out of a game.

The defense is still bad... they almost give up 4th and 25! I mean WTF kind of coverage was that? You're playing 30 yards off?? my god. I thought it couldn't get as bad a Gannon, but this might be worst.

idk man. gannon absolutely lets mahomes carve up his defense in the second half regardless of WRs. I think desai is a much better coach.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

If anything it's the complete opposite.  Gannon would fold like a lawn chair in 2nd 1/2's, Desai making adequate adjustments with lesser players. 

Not a fan of him moving JB and Slay all over the field,  switching sides, traveling but hard to argue with the results. 

Especially in 2nd 1/2 of games, defensively. 

11 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

idk man. gannon absolutely lets mahomes carve up his defense in the second half regardless of WRs. I think desai is a much better coach.

I mean you can't say regardless of WRs lol... Watson, MVS, and Kelce left about 150+ and 2 TDs on the field with drops and fumbles. If they would have got those, everybody would be calling for his head. We got lucky. 

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If anything it's the complete opposite.  Gannon would fold like a lawn chair in 2nd 1/2's, Desai making adequate adjustments with lesser players. 

Not a fan of him moving JB and Slay all over the field,  switching sides, traveling but hard to argue with the results. 

Especially in 2nd 1/2 of games, defensively. 

Nah man he still plays that soft *** coverage that Gannon did as well and CBs are 10 yards off. Easy completions all over the field. The Chiefs drove up and down the field on them, we got lucky that they drop the ball and fumbled. We didn't stop them, they stopped themselves. If you really think this defense is good or better than last year, you're kidding yourself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You would think Sirianni of all people would of by now adapted, taken plays, concepts, ect.... from SF, Mia and KC to ADD to his philosophy on offense. 

Truly is confusing 

Last night, Eagles actually finally incorporated Miami’s motion flat slant wheel combo and it worked…. Believe Smitty got like a 10-15 yard reception up the middle. Johnson definitely needs to turn it around and AT LEAST limit the three and outs 

9 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Nah man he still plays that soft *** coverage that Gannon did as well and CBs are 10 yards off. Easy completions all over the field. The Chiefs drove up and down the field on them, we got lucky that they drop the ball and fumbled. We didn't stop them, they stopped themselves. If you really think this defense is good or better than last year, you're kidding yourself.

The difference is he made adjustments.  The Eagles played more press last night than I think I've seen them play since Jim Schwartz was the DC.  Gannon will stick to his same base defense all game long.  Conceptually they are the same defense, but at least Desai has the ability to make in game adjustments.

9 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

If you really think this defense is good or better than last year, you're kidding yourself.

If you think Desai has a better starting 11, especially in the back 7, you're kidding yourself. Just saying. 

Gannon had a healthy Defense that played together almost 19 straight games.

Desai hasn't played a single game in 2023 with the same starters on Defense. This week vs Buffalo assuming no one is out will be the first time B2B.

There is a difference in talent and health which absolutely matters.

Now to be clear I am not and Did not say this defense was better then last years. I'm saying Desai is doing a better coaching job with what he's been dealt.

Surprised we only had one sack and it came on the second play of the game. Would have thought we had at least one more, given how often Mahomes had to move off his spot/scramble. Of course the intentional grounding should have counted as a sack for Sweat.

Was he under that much pressure during the SB and just couldn't get to him either or was he dropping back more comfortably? 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Surprised we only had one sack and it came on the second play of the game. Would have thought we had at least one more, given how often Mahomes had to move off his spot/scramble. Of course the intentional grounding should have counted as a sack for Sweat.

Was he under that much pressure during the SB and just couldn't get to him either or was he dropping back more comfortably? 

I don't remember much pressure in the SB at all. Of course, the field had a lot to do with that. Like you said, they were getting pressure last night. He just had a hole to step up and run through pretty much every time.