Week 10: (8-1) Eagles @ (7-2) Chiefs

Nabbs4u

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't remember much pressure in the SB at all. Of course, the field had a lot to do with that. Like you said, they were getting pressure last night. He just had a hole to step up and run through pretty much every time. 

We definitely did a lot of mush rushing in the second half after Mahomes got us with his legs multiple times in the first half and it worked out surprisingly. Yeah the Chiefs had some drops, but our secondary held up pretty well for the most part. Byard was overall very good on Kelce all things considered.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We definitely did a lot of mush rushing in the second half after Mahomes got us with his legs multiple times in the first half and it worked out surprisingly. Yeah the Chiefs had some drops, but our secondary held up pretty well for the most part. Byard was overall very good on Kelce all things considered.

Yeah, gotta give Byard credit after trashing him in the 1st quarter. He stepped up and had pretty good coverage on Kelce on multiple plays. The INT was a semi forgotten massive play in the game as well. 

16 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Yeah, gotta give Byard credit after trashing him in the 1st quarter. He stepped up and had pretty good coverage on Kelce on multiple plays. The INT was a semi forgotten massive play in the game as well. 

I'll happily take Travis Kelce only getting 44 yds, even with a Tuddie if any of that was due to the Byard effect.

26 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't remember much pressure in the SB at all. Of course, the field had a lot to do with that. Like you said, they were getting pressure last night. He just had a hole to step up and run through pretty much every time. 

The most frustrating thing to watch was him taking off right through the teeth of the DL

41 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Yeah I seem to remember him being way less pressure that time, but I also remember that scramble in which he "injured" his ankle or that Jordan Davis had him dead to rights and somehow got the pass. So, what I'm saying is, maybe with the field conditions and all, the guy is extremely difficult to sack even for a dominant pass rush. 

15 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Surprised we only had one sack and it came on the second play of the game. Would have thought we had at least one more, given how often Mahomes had to move off his spot/scramble. Of course the intentional grounding should have counted as a sack for Sweat.

Was he under that much pressure during the SB and just couldn't get to him either or was he dropping back more comfortably? 

They did have the "would be" sack at the end of the game when Mahomes got called for intentional grounding. . Cox I think would have been credited with a sack at one point in the game had he been able to bring Mahomes down on the sideline. I think the D was getting pressures but missed tackles and quick throws prevented more sacks.

• Like 1