Watson done for season

MWil23

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Why didn’t they bring in Wentz??? Wentz is a pain in the *** for sure, but he is so much more talented than PJ Walker and would have given the Browns a fighting chance this year. 

Browns are screwed lol. 

MVCarson? No, that doesn't work.

MVPJ. That works. 

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, the contract is separate than the trade, tbh. 

Normally I agree with this take - but the Watson situation was different, due to the nature of his No Trade Clause and how Houston conducted the trade partner search; He set the terms on who he'd be traded to, and given the order of operations with the trade (Cleveland originally being told no by Watson's representation, then ultimately getting Watson) says that contract was the deciding factor in Watson picking Cleveland.

• Like 2

It’s really a shame that the Commanders reportedly set such a high price for Jacoby Brissett, because that was a trade deadline match that just seemed to make sense for everyone involved.

Knowing that Watson is out now, would you go back in time and trade the (likely late) 3rd rounder that Washington was apparently demanding? Or is that price still just much too high?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It’s really a shame that the Commanders reportedly set such a high price for Jacoby Brissett, because that was a trade deadline match that just seemed to make sense for everyone involved.

Knowing that Watson is out now, would you go back in time and trade the (likely late) 3rd rounder that Washington was apparently demanding? Or is that price still just much too high?

With 1 year? Too high, he’s not Chase Young.

I think you go 5th for a 1 year half year rental not good enough to start for his own team.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

the asking price was the same for Jacoby Brissett and Chase Young? I'd say that's too high.

Might want to rename the thread: Watson done for season, DTR poised to lead Browns to Super Bowl.

If he gets comfortable and plays anything like he did in the preseason, he is a better option than both journeymen Josh Dobbs and Jacoby Brissett. I know the world is crumbling for Browns fans but Im going to choose to remain optimistic. Its not like Watson was lighting to world on fire and they already won 2 games with a XFL QB.

Also side note: If the Browns still make the playoffs in this division, you can give Kevin Stefanski that COTY trophy, again.

Edited by AkronsWitness

57 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Until then, they should start giving Dorian Thompson-Robinson at 50 percent of 1st team snaps.   DTR looked awful in his first game, but at least he can learn and grow.   PJ Walker is who he is.

I mean, DTR has like a 10-20 percent chance of being OK as a starter in 1-2 week if you go down this route.    PJ Walker has a 100 percent chance of not being the answer.   

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Might want to rename the thread: Watson done for season, DTR poised to lead Browns to Super Bowl.

If he gets comfortable and plays anything like he did in the preseason, he is a better option than both Josh Dobbs and Jacoby Brissett. I know the world is crumbling for Browns fans but Im going to choose to remain optimistic. Its not like Watson was lighting to world on fire and they already won 2 games with a XFL QB.

Also side note: If the Browns still make the playoffs in this division, you can give Kevin Stefanski that COTY trophy, again.

Well good on Browns coaching staff for seeing what everyone else could (and yes, I did call it b4 FTW lol!).   DTR SZN begins.

Let's be clear, he looked awful his 1st game, but he found out 1.5 hours before game time he was starting, and wasn't even close to prepped in practice to play given the Browns org had cleared Watson to go.   So while it's not likely DTR is the answer, there's at least a chance he can be that guy in 1-2 more weeks at an O'Connell type level, which is all CLE D needs most games.    PJ Walker is NOT that guy.

Good move Stefanski & co.

Edited by Broncofan