Week 11 GDT : Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) @ Green Bay Packers (3-6)

Leader

9 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

What was I hearing thaht proper offences will show up our defence? What was I hearing about DVOA? 

Barry dialing it up with a nuthin' secondary!!!

Our defence has pretty much kept us in every game. Barry going nowhere

Did you watch the game, my man? The Chargers left almost 30 points on the field via drops and turnovers. They should've blown us out.

Just now, MacReady said:

The Chargers receivers dropped 3 touchdown passes.

Generally speaking, you don’t want a defense predicated around the concept of counting on wide open, but dropped touchdown catches as a winning formula.

But keep trying to defend Barry.

We cool with dropped TDs but dropped Ints for the Packers don't count.

If we going down that rabbit hole of if's maybe's should have's, Barry gets it as bad as anyone else.

Regardless of today our defence has given the chance to win games and with no secondary players to speak of we have played well. When the offence held more like today and special teams stops killing us we'll be good again

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Really too bad that Kraft stepped out.  Even so, that's a play I couldn't have imagined him making a month ago.  Has GB had a TE combo this promising since Jackson and Chewy?

He showed more nimbleness than I expected.  I liked that whole play .. Love hit him perfectly and gave him a chance to turn up field and make something happen.  

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Did you watch the game, my man? The Chargers left almost 30 points on the field via drops and turnovers. They should've blown us out.

Oh turnovers don't count. We are allowed drops but not other teams.

30points!!!! Hate is shining through

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I get it, I don’t think pro athletes get much confidence when they lose. We’re not going to be bad enough for a premium pick. We’re probably going to win 3 more times , hell, after these next two weeks the remaining 5 games are winnable. Winning 3 or 4 of the last 5 will do a lot going into next year 

I get it...but the best outcome for the team & organization would have been if LAC could have pulled it out at the end.

Barry sucks and (hopefully...) he's gonna get handed his walking papers. Also, nobody's expecting this rag tag secondary to do much other than backup next year. So take the good from the game - offensive growth - and grap the L.

It's been a generation since GB drafted in true blue chip territory. We were on the cusp of that coming into today - but there's A LOT of competion for those draft slots this year.

I get it. It's not "normal" to root for GB to lose. I've never done it before....but we're completely redoing things NOW.....so moving all our draft picks up to better slots??? It's a no brainer for me at this stage.

As I've said: play better...show progress...build towards the future...but lose somehow (probably due to defensive screw ups) - which is will put a dagger in our DCs future here.

Hell...we should have lost this game anyway. If the Chargers hadnt dropped so many passes - we wouldnt be having this conversation. They left a ton of points on the field today.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Oh turnovers don't count. We are allowed drops but not other teams.

30points!!!! Hate is shining through

Yeah, you're insanely biased if this is your takeaway. 

Nothing about that defense was good today nor has it been all season. Barry is awful and just because he was nice to you in London doesn't mean he's good at his job. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

just because he was nice to you in London doesn't mean he's good at his job. 

My bias has everything to do with it (so sweet you actually remembered he was nice to me)!!!

Come on though look at the secondary he is playing with, show me a team with less backfield talent.

To think we started the season with Savage, Ford, Jaire and Douglas and none of those guys are starting and the fact we do enough to be in games.

Our offence just went against a putrid defence which also lost Bosa early on, if we are critical of anyone, our offence left lots of points on the field. Gutless MLF should be getting criticism not darling Barry

Just now, Brit Pack said:

My bias has everything to do with it (so sweet you actually remembered he was nice to me)!!!

Come on though look at the secondary he is playing with, show me a team with less backfield talent.

To think we started the season with Savage, Ford, Jaire and Douglas and none of those guys are starting and the fact we do enough to be in games.

Our offence just went against a putrid defence which also lost Bosa early on, if we are critical of anyone, our offence left lots of points on the field. Gutless MLF should be getting criticism not darling Barry

You should probably read the thread

Barry's awful, my guy. Enjoy your boner.

Yeah LA definitely left 14-24 points on the board. 

Packers did what they had to do, and got the help they needed. Difference is this week, Jordan Love gets some real credit. It was a requirement he play his best game for us to win and he did. It was also a requirement we win the turnover battle and LA have some miscues. Wasn’t expecting multiple drops for Allen quality of help but it was a winning formula.

Time to give MLF credit. His playcall hasn’t wavered, guys are just executing better.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

I get it...but the best outcome for the team & organization would have been if LAC could have pulled it out at the end.

Barry sucks and (hopefully...) he's gonna get handed his walking papers. Also, nobody's expecting this rag tag secondary to do much other than backup next year. So take the good from the game - offensive growth - and grap the L.

It's been a generation since GB drafted in true blue chip territory. We were on the cusp of that coming into today - but there's A LOT of competion for those draft slots this year.

I get it. It's not "normal" to root for GB to lose. I've never done it before....but we're completely redoing things NOW.....so moving all our draft picks up to better slots??? It's a no brainer for me at this stage.

As I've said: play better...show progress...build towards the future...but lose somehow (probably due to defensive screw ups) - which is will put a dagger in our DCs future here.

Hell...we should have lost this game anyway. If the Chargers hadnt dropped so many passes - we wouldnt be having this conversation. They left a ton of points on the field today.

I generally am in your camp, but it’s not going to happen. And it’s 100% not a good thing losing to Chi, NYG, Car or Tampa. Tanking is not going to happen and if you’re not in position to get a premium player, winning is much more important .