Week 11 GDT : Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) @ Green Bay Packers (3-6)

Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Musgrave should had 500 yards a couple tuds. Was told that we shouldn't count on rookie TEs for anything.

Kincaid-LaPorta-Musgrave have to be the best 3 TE rookie group in a long time, if not ever, based at least on my recollection. Musgrave would be right with those guys if the chemistry with Love was there. 

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Nothing more cowardly in this world than someone who has no problem getting their meat from the grocery store to avoid the emotional toll of killing and processing the animal themself and criticizing a hunter who takes on the responsibility themself.

Full disclosure.  I do not hunt.  My father didn't hunt, his brothers never hunted, so I was never brought up in that culture.

But....there are way too many deer running around.  You do need to thin the herd.

Thank you for doing it responsibly.  Thank you to everyone who does harvest deer.  I have friends that do gift us a deer every now and then and they are delicious.

On our land up north, our friends are hunting it this year.  They had a trail cam out for 3 days.  They got 11 different bucks on camera and a ton of does (is that the correct spelling??).  It was a blast watching their trail cam footage.  I don't think they've gotten any just yet.  But they will.  And I've seen how they hunt.  I may try it some year.  I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger on a deer.  I know I couldn't gut one right now.  But, times change.  We shall see.

For some reason, I have no issue catching and eating fish.  I probably keep 10 crappies a year and 10 walleyes a year.  But deer?  It's probably due to how I was raised fishing, but not hunting.

Anyway, long way of saying "thank you" for hunting as you do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Musgrave should had 500 yards a couple tuds. Was told that we shouldn't count on rookie TEs for anything.

You typically should not.

But we had a roster with no established tight ends.  Even bad ones.

Musgrave was always going to have opportunity.  And he's making the most of it.

The scary thing is his upside.  It is nothing if not immense.  Floor is pretty high, too!

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I hope this is the missed layup to Musgrave that some have spoken about....cause if it isnt, then there's another one :(

That second one is a real tough ask for the blocking.  Malik Heath gives up like 50 pounds, is a rookie and Mack is a former all-pro.  I might trust Watson or MVS to do that.  I would trust Lazard, but he is 230 pounds.  Then the second part of the block is Myers finding Mack behind him after he beats the much smaller WR.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not just Musgrave.  The WR conversation would be much different had Love been dialed in on the deep balls.  A lot of yards/points left on the field from missed opportunities on the 20+ yard throws.  If that can get fixed, this offense is going to take off even with the iffy OL.  Get the OL fixed too, and the next few years should be a fun watch.

• Like 1

Bit of a unheralded factor but props to the gameday coaches who do the research for all things we would never think of during the game. Sun glare was a huge factor driving on the north endzone in the 1st and 3rd Q. It was completely in the shade in the 2nd and 4th, when the Packers were driving that way. Doubs may not catch that ball in the 3rd Q, sun was nasty bright. Was better yesterday to lose the toss and get the field selection than winning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Kincaid-LaPorta-Musgrave have to be the best 3 TE rookie group in a long time, if not ever, based at least on my recollection. Musgrave would be right with those guys if the chemistry with Love was there. 

My only beef with Musgrave is he needs to run through contact.  Dude goes down way to easy. 

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bit of a unheralded factor but props to the gameday coaches who do the research for all things we would never think of during the game. Sun glare was a huge factor driving on the north endzone in the 1st and 3rd Q. It was completely in the shade in the 2nd and 4th, when the Packers were driving that way. Doubs may not catch that ball in the 3rd Q, sun was nasty bright. Was better yesterday to lose the toss and get the field selection than winning.

Joe Barry's 12th man.