Joe Flacco signed to Browns practice squad - starting vs Rams Dec 3rd

notthatbluestuff

Dont let the Browns get into the playoffs. Flacco turns into Joe Montana in the playoffs and its game over of those AFC teams. Im not even joking either. Ive always been on the Flacco playoff train. 

Now in order to get into the playoffs you have to have success in the regular season. Do I trust Flacco in the regular season? No. He could very well play the Browns out of the playoff picture if he gets sign and have to play games. Id much rather hope the Titans release Tannehill and him go to the Browns bc at least I would think he would have a better chance of getting the Browns to the playoffs. But yeah IF the Browns can get to the playoffs and Flacco is somehow starting in those games with that defense it could be very interesting for at least a round or two.

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

In all seriousness, what's the deal with signing XFL/USFL guys at this point? Anyone know of any contractual issues there? 

Because I cannot believe that 2023 Joe Flacco is a legitimately better option than at least a handful of starting QBs in lower tier leagues. 

The Bengals did it and so did the broncos with XFL qbs

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

In all seriousness, what's the deal with signing XFL/USFL guys at this point? Anyone know of any contractual issues there? 

Because I cannot believe that 2023 Joe Flacco is a legitimately better option than at least a handful of starting QBs in lower tier leagues. 

Part of this is that the quality in those leagues is much lower.

A prime example already on the Browns roster is PJ Walker who was an XFL MVP, yet is clearly not a starting quality QB (at least from what we've seen in the NFL thus far).