Alabama Crimson Tide Thread

I_GET_SAX

14 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I wouldn’t necessarily put Tua and Fields’ desire to transfer in the same vein.  Tua thought about it bcuz he wanted to play more (even that narrative was overblown) but stayed the course and won the job whereas Fields bounced without trying to win the job beyond his FR yr.

Even he said he would have if he didn't get that national championship game, at least that is what I took from his interviews about it. He didn't really stay the course, everyone knew after that game he was the starter his sophomore year no matter how long Saban played it out. To say he tried to win the job beyond his FR year is simply not true.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Even he said he would have if he didn't get that national championship game, at least that is what I took from his interviews about it. He didn't really stay the course, everyone knew after that game he was the starter his sophomore year no matter how long Saban played it out. To say he tried to win the job beyond his FR year is simply not true.

He still had to win it tho. Saban is not the kind of coach to just give him the job even if we all knew it was the inescapable outcome.  The point was that he stayed and got the starting job.  Fields didn’t even stay.  He just dipped. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

but we don’t play anybody out of conference doe!  

Looking forward to it, love these big time matchups.  Big question is who is Alabama's coach in 2027?  Saban still around?  Dabo?  Someone else from the field?  Looks like Day will be around at Ohio State for quite a while still.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Looking forward to it, love these big time matchups.  Big question is who is Alabama's coach in 2027?  Saban still around?  Dabo?  Someone else from the field?  Looks like Day will be around at Ohio State for quite a while still.

Saban would be 75-76. Maybe unlikely he’ll still be there but hey Bill Snyder coached until 78. Dabo has remained a likely successor considering he’s alumni and played under Stallings. Could be Pruitt or someone else if they turn their programs around into contenders. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

but we don’t play anybody out of conference doe!  

Still a long time away tho. Still always can be cancelled. Hopefully they keep it as a true H&H and don’t change it to a stupid season opener special and it turns into a 1yr game held in Atlanta! I want to see Bama in the Shoe as a night game!