2023 Black Friday: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

That turf is like the Rancor under Jabba’s palace in ROTJ.  Just waiting to be fed. 

I'm actually shocked the NFL hasn't forced both Organizations to change the Turf at Metlife?

It's gotten to point if No one is injured during a game it's a bigger surprise then a season ending injury. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm actually shocked the NFL hasn't forced both Organizations to change the Turf at Metlife?

It's gotten to point if No one is injured during a game it's a bigger surprise then a season ending injury. 

I don't think it'd be the NFL per se.  But it certainly begs the question...at what point does the NFLPA step in and force a change?  It's truly ridiculous at this point.

What exactly is it even, about the specific artificial turf there, that is so devastatingly effective at wrecking people's legs?

There are way too many teams with artificial fields now.  But MetLife seems to stand head and shoulders above, in ruining people's seasons/careers.  Even if you divide it in half because two teams playing there might make it feel a little bit inflated, it's still crazy.

Is it the combination of the specific type of turf...with the outdoor stadium in colder/wetter weather?  It still seems worse though, even when conditions are fine.