2023 Black Friday: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

notthatbluestuff

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean I don't disagree he's in a really tough spot. But I could see them scapegoating him if they lose out/spiral

Which is my biggest fear in all this. We finally get through Bowles and Gase and have an HC that actually handle his side of the ball (producing an elite defense), and they're going to throw him under the bus for call he didn't even get to make. He didn't pick Hackett, he didn't want to start Wilson, and he didn't definitely can't control the incredible number of injuries the Jets have had to their OL that's produced the mess we are seeing on field.

The whole season is just a comedy of injuries. There is no coach in the league that could overcome this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Which is my biggest fear in all this. We finally get through Bowles and Gase and have an HC that actually handle his side of the ball (producing an elite defense), and they're going to throw him under the bus for call he didn't even get to make. He didn't pick Hackett, he didn't want to start Wilson, and he didn't definitely can't control the incredible number of injuries the Jets have had to their OL that's produced the mess we are seeing on field.

The whole season is just a comedy of injuries. There is no coach in the league that could overcome this.

I'd be shocked if Saleh is thrown under the bus. The Rodgers injury was just a stroke of bad luck. And he has built up the defense. The Wilson whiff is bad, but he still shouldn't be fired. 

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'd be shocked if Saleh is thrown under the bus. The Rodgers injury was just a stroke of bad luck. And he has built up the defense. The Wilson whiff is bad, but he still shouldn't be fired. 

For sure, but thankfully they were ready to turn the page early by aggressively going after a QB in the FA market. That shows that they knew going forward with Wilson was a bad idea - it's just God had other ideas.