Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

True.  Lack of penalties has really, really helped us.

Even last night we were not good enough to overcome offensive penalties.

We are good and getting better, but we really need to avoid those stupid penalties like an illegal shift or false start.  Holding kills us, too, but at least that is an aggressive penalty and not a simple mental penalty.

Eliminate the negative plays, quit shooting ourselves in the foot and this is a surefire playoff team. Too young with a couple key holes to really think we're elite but signs are promising for sure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Without diving into the last few games on the OLine I'm not going to say if the OL is or isn't doing a better job, gut reaction is not much has changed in the blocking there.

What I think has helped the most is the lack of penalties on the offense. LaFleur having more north south work for Dillon. Dillon getting his base under him and working through contact better.

I think the run/pass works in tandem. The threat of the run makes passing easier. Passing well helps open up some rushing lanes. I don't think it's a one way street. When we look good our PA game has been bananas.

The reduced # of penalties is huge, they are still drive killers for the offense.

That being said, there definitely seemed to be more room for the RB's last night.  The hole for Taylor's big run was huge.  I am still trying to understand why he seemingly stayed inbounds on purpose.  It ended up working out for the better, but still.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The reduced # of penalties is huge, they are still drive killers for the offense.

That being said, there definitely seemed to be more room for the RB's last night.  The hole for Taylor's big run was huge.  I am still trying to understand why he seemingly stayed inbounds on purpose.  It ended up working out for the better, but still.

Well KC isn't really an elite run D. Did they run that one at Jones? Think we've been able to make some lanes all year. RBs have been a little blind at times this year. But for sure positive play.

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Turned out for the best, we also had a time out remaining, if we wanted to use it.

6 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

"Love's play against pressure was key to the contest. The QB went 12-of-17 for 100 yards with three TDs for a 125.-0 passer rating when blitzed Sunday night, per Next Gen Stats."

big difference from the last Chiefs game where they blitzed him off the field

Two sacks, those only in 2-minute, and the latter he just took it to keep the clock running.  Love had some pressure, especially in the second half; but overall that was a pretty nice job by the o-line.  And also by Love in navigating the lots of pressure he faced.  Seemed like a lot of his second-half throws had impending pressure with Love's weight falling backwards, but he made it work really well.  

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Without diving into the last few games on the OLine I'm not going to say if the OL is or isn't doing a better job, gut reaction is not much has changed in the blocking there....

The tush-push/Love-shove last night reminded me of a question.  

It seems to me that opponents often have linemen who get behind a runner and help to group-push him forward.  One of our guys grabs a runner at 3 yards or whatever without putting him down; then other opponent linemen instantly rush to help push the pile forward for an extra yard or three. 

My lame probably biased observation is that it seems to me that Packer linemen are less quick to jump over and try to push Dillon and the pile forward.  Am I imagining that? 

If it's hypothetically true, is it simply that our linemen aren't coached up to rush to the ball and try to push forward for an extra yard or two?  Or is there something about our blocking scheme and/or our personnel that makes it harder for them to get over to help as quickly as with other teams?

7 minutes ago, craig said:

The tush-push/Love-shove last night reminded me of a question.  

It seems to me that opponents often have linemen who get behind a runner and help to group-push him forward.  One of our guys grabs a runner at 3 yards or whatever without putting him down; then other opponent linemen instantly rush to help push the pile forward for an extra yard or three. 

My lame probably biased observation is that it seems to me that Packer linemen are less quick to jump over and try to push Dillon and the pile forward.  Am I imagining that? 

If it's hypothetically true, is it simply that our linemen aren't coached up to rush to the ball and try to push forward for an extra yard or two?  Or is there something about our blocking scheme and/or our personnel that makes it harder for them to get over to help as quickly as with other teams?

Thatd be something I'd be talking completely out of school about. Idk the rate at which our guys push a pile vs other teams. I wont begin to guess.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I feel like this is a Jon Runyan tweet. Lol. 

Seeing this screenshot of the TD, its crazy how Watson has literally 75% of the end zone to run through. You just don't really see that often when the play looks like it started at the 9 yard line.

• Like 1