Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

16 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is going to be the 2nd time Love starts against a team he has faced in the past, right?  The first time being Thanksgiving against the Lions.

That was the angle of interest for me in this game, full circle to his first start. Love had his first full game while AR sat with COVID toe and Spagnolo blitzed our green QB into his shell. That was predictable considering the DC and the situation and LaFluer did not do enough with the game plan to help Love.

I have no idea what to expect from this game but wouldn’t put money on it. I am pretty damn confident Spagnolo will play aggressively again but he will need to honor the fact that Love is seeing things faster and should be able to find some guys if he sends the house.  How our QB and coach play it in this one will be an interesting look at our progress. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You play KC the way we played Detroit. Commit to stopping the run. None of their receivers should scare anybody. Rice is coming on, but other than that, they have nothing. Put Mahomes behind the chains as much as possible and rush to force him to stay in the pocket on passing downs. HIs biggest plays come when he's moving. 

Easier said than done, but the Chiefs have been winning with defense this year. 

That being said, Love has to get us to 31 points. Against their defense, tall task. 

I didn't see how we played Detroit due to the holiday.  So I cannot comment on that part.

If it were me?  I'd be inviting them to run on some downs.  Keep the ball out of Pat's hands.

And I'd want to run, a lot, to again, keep the ball out of Pat's hands.

But I'm sure everyone says that.  Easier said than done.

But I do agree, their Wr's aren't scaring anyone right now.  If we have JA back, I'd probably put him on Rice and just take him away.  Bracket Kelce as best we can and see if Moore and MVS can beat us.  As fast as MVS is, I feel like Valentine can cover him.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I didn't see how we played Detroit due to the holiday.  So I cannot comment on that part.

If it were me?  I'd be inviting them to run on some downs.  Keep the ball out of Pat's hands.

But I do agree, their Wr's aren't scaring anyone right now.  If we have JA back, I'd probably put him on Rice and just take him away.  Bracket Kelce as best we can and see if Moore and MVS can beat us.  As fast as MVS is, I feel like Valentine can cover him.

Stokes is faster, or at least was prior to Lisfranc injury. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think the invitation to run on this defense has already been extended to everyone. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

That was the angle of interest for me in this game, full circle to his first start. Love had his first full game while AR sat with COVID toe and Spagnolo blitzed our green QB into his shell. That was predictable considering the DC and the situation and LaFluer did not do enough with the game plan to help Love.

I have no idea what to expect from this game but wouldn’t put money on it. I am pretty damn confident Spagnolo will play aggressively again but he will need to honor the fact that Love is seeing things faster and should be able to find some guys if he sends the house.  How our QB and coach play it in this one will be an interesting look at our progress. 

I think Love needs to look to run more this week.  If they give him an opening up the middle with their blitz packages then take off and thwart the blitz with some first down QB runs.  Also .. hopefully LaFleur will devise some blitz beaters in there so we can gash them when they do try to send their zero blitzes.

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Stokes is faster, or at least was prior to Lisfranc injury. 

I'm not concerned about Rice's speed.  It's the physicality and route running.  I'd have JA simply take him away.  

Try to limit Kelce with a bracket and help.

See if MVs and Moore can get it done.

But again, much easier said than done.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

We should play KC like everyone should. Don’t let Kelce beat you.

If Mahomes beats you throwing to

Rice 

Justin Watson

MVS

Toney 

Sky Moore

so be it 

Pat really likes J Watson.  I'd put our best coverage safety on him...or even a larger CB.  He looks for him often.

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Curious to see how MLF calls this game. In last year’s game, he went hyper-conservative presumably to try and protect Love.  He also did some of that earlier this season.  He’s starting to open it up more and more each week this season. Hopefully we see that continue and he encourages Love to play fast and let it rip.  

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Pat really likes J Watson.  I'd put our best coverage safety on him...or even a larger CB.  He looks for him often.

He has 20 catches on 39 targets ( one outlier being 11 vs Philly)

my point is , I’m putting special attention on Kelce and if Jaire, Valentine or whoever can’t take care of the other not very good guys, then tip your cap to them

On 11/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, Old Guy said:

Does this mean we're not firing Gute, LaFleur, Barry and getting rid of Love now? 

I mean a few weeks ago we were a raving lunatic about how everybody sucked, and we needed to clean house. 

Just popped on the thread and dam i was about to say the same thing wasn't LL wanting everyone out in every thread. And now he's starting this one so in the event something goes wrong what does Monday's thread look like from him bahaha. 

• Like 2

Watched a couple of KC snaps yesterday, not enough to be representative, but struck me how totally different their defense looks.  On early downs, they had like 8-in-the-box, and 10 guys under the first down line.  Bundles of guys close enough to blitz, and close enough to compress the run game.  

I get the "run-the-ball-to-keep-it-out-of-Pat's-hands", but that only works if the run game is really getting first downs.  I think given how bad our run game is, MLF will really need to attack by pass.  If we can't pass efficiently, surely we won't run well either, so we'll just get waxed.  Running into 3rd-and-6 doesn't keep the ball out of Pat's hands, only completing first downs does that.  To get a bunch of first downs and score, we'll need the pass game to be working.  

Obviously KC will mix it up and will game play for Love, which will be different for game-planning for Vegas.  But *IF* they are doing the stuff with 10 guys under the 1st-down line, I think Love will need to beat them with passes >10-yards deep.  Not easy, no.  But I don't think running into their run-defense is going to work.  

Should be interesting.  

Will probably need to win the turnover game to win the actual game.  

• Like 1