SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's implausible. Instead, a riot breaks out when some Eagles fans see a passing Santa Claus parade, believe the red means the Santas are rooting for San Francisco, and burn down the entire neighborhood out of anger at the betrayal. Goodell, as NFL employees are trying to coax the players onto the field minutes before the planned start of the game, changes his mind and decides that playing on a field that is literally aflame isn't safe after all and cancels the game.

Ya know, that actually sounds unlikely too. I think Goodell would force them to play. What's a little fire? They have big water coolers.

He’d probably fine them for not playing, he needs that’s revenue money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

That's implausible. Instead, a riot breaks out when some Eagles fans see a passing Santa Claus parade, believe the red means the Santas are rooting for San Francisco, and burn down the entire neighborhood out of anger at the betrayal. Goodell, as NFL employees are trying to coax the players onto the field minutes before the planned start of the game, changes his mind and decides that playing on a field that is literally aflame isn't safe after all and cancels the game.

Ya know, that actually sounds unlikely too. I think Goodell would force them to play. What's a little fire? They have big water coolers.

jrry, this might be the first time that you said something that has factual roots, I applaud you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We got the Browns on a bye week, played the Minnesota Vikings on a Monday night game and had to play the Bengals the following week....who were on a bye week lol. Then when we did get a bye week, the opponent (Jags) also were coming off a bye week. This match up is the only one where we get an advantage all season I believe. 

https://www.ninersnation.com/2023/5/18/23728065/49ers-schedule-rest-disadvantage

Only the Seahawks are having to travel more than the Niners this season...But coast to coast teams will always lead this category as you mentioned. 

I looked because the Rams will have played four teams I believe coming off a bye and sure enough, we have the largest negative. Only reason the Niners have us beat in net is because when we played Seattle off our bye, they weren't coming off theirs like the Jags were for the Niners.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/2023-teams-hurt-helped-nfl-schedule/#post/0

48 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I looked because the Rams will have played four teams I believe coming off a bye and sure enough, we have the largest negative. Only reason the Niners have us beat in net is because when we played Seattle off our bye, they weren't coming off theirs like the Jags were for the Niners.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/2023-teams-hurt-helped-nfl-schedule/#post/0

So what you're saying is that the NFC west got completely shafted lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So what you're saying is that the NFC west got completely shafted lol 

Yea I mean I get that it'll always be that way for travel....but shouldn't the league go out of the way to help offset that with the rest?

Oh and I just read an article that said the Rams and Niners both play four teams coming off byes and that's (somehow) two more than any other NFL team. So far we're 0-2 - will definitely be 0-3 as the Ravens are resting up this week waiting to thrash us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

If you think Deebo sh!t on him, just wait until you see what Aiyuk does to him on Sunday

Well if we are in man I'd certainly hope Slay is on Aiyuk, but I definitely think the Niners WR's will have the advantage vs our CB's. Similarly I see a pretty sizable advantage with our outside weapons vs the Niners DB's.

Cunningham and Cox are very likely not going to play this weekend. Starting Christian Ellis at LB is.... not good. Very likely our run D which has been the strength of our D is going to be significantly weaker missing two starters in the middle. Eagles offense can't take a half off this week cause I don't see how the D can consistently get stops vs the Niners O.

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Cunningham and Cox are very likely not going to play this weekend. Starting Christian Ellis at LB is.... not good. Very likely our run D which has been the strength of our D is going to be significantly weaker missing two starters in the middle. Eagles offense can't take a half off this week cause I don't see how the D can consistently get stops vs the Niners O.

Well, there is one way, but hopefully Shanahan has a better plan to block Reddick this time

17 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well if we are in man I'd certainly hope Slay is on Aiyuk, but I definitely think the Niners WR's will have the advantage vs our CB's. Similarly I see a pretty sizable advantage with our outside weapons vs the Niners DB's.

Seems like slay mostly lines up on the offense's right and bradbury lines up on the offense's left, no? 

Niners had Charvarious ward shadow DK last week and it worked tremendously well. I would assume that they do the same thing this week against AJB. Charvarious has good size and length. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Seems like slay mostly lines up on the offense's right and bradbury lines up on the offense's left, no? 

Niners had Charvarious ward shadow DK last week and it worked tremendously well. I would assume that they do the same thing this week against AJB. Charvarious has good size and length. 

Last year that was the case but we have played more man this year and Slay has started to travel with some WRs. Bradberry is still a very good zone corner though I don't see him getting abused there very much even if I would favor Aiyuk in the matchup. I'd imagine most of the Niners success will just be abusing the middle of the field behind our LB's, especially if they can get CMC going efficiently in the run game.

I don't think you can single cover AJB. The only weeks he has been slowed is when he is getting bracketed. Ward is good but if he isn't getting help AJ will get his. And if you lean to his side Smitty will get his. Not having Goedert removes a phase of the offense that we have leaned on, but Swift has been getting involved a bit more in the pass game the past couple weeks which has made up for some of that loss. Can we do that vs the Niners LB's though? Can our run game get going? That remains to be seen.

Assuming Hurts doesn't have another stinker half and Brian calls a decent game I definitely think our offense can put up points. I am much more worried about how the D holds up down some key guys.

• Like 2