BDL 2017 Week 14: Charleston Dingos @ Gotham Gashslayers

Whicker

Charleston Dingos @ Gotham Gashslayers  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carlton Dingus
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 14: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Charleston Offense:

QB1: Phillip Rivers
RB1: Melvin Gordon
WR1: Golden Tate 
WR2: Rishard Matthews - [Q]
TE: Jimmy Graham 
TE2: Julius Thomas
LT: Joe Staley
LG: A.Q Shipley
C:  Cody Whitehair
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Nate Solder

Bench:

QB2: Andy Dalton
FB: Andy Janovich
RB2: Demarco Murray
RB3: Austin Ekeler
WR3: Randall Cobb 
WR4: Kendall Wright
WR5: Kenny Britt
OL6: Kelvin Beachum

Charleston Defense:

LDE: Mario Addison
3T:  Malik Jackson
DT:  Leonard Williams
RDE: Shane Ray
WLB: Lavonte David
MLB: Myles Jack
CB1: Brandon Carr
CB2: Stephon Gilmore
CB3: Steven Nelson
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Micah Hyde

Bench:

SLB: Paul Poslusky
RLB: Thomas Davis
DE3: Benson Mayowa
DT3: Brandon Mebane
DT4: Johnathan Bullard
CB4: Ross Cockrell
CB5: Mathias Farley 
S3:  Ricardo Allen

Gotham Gashslayers

QB - Carson Wentz

RB - Doug Martin

WR - Demaryius Thomas

WR - Jarvis Landry

TE - Vernon Davis

TE - Luke Wilson

LT - Jake Matthews

LG - AJ Cann

C - Maurkice Pouncey

RG - Shaq Mason

RT - Mitchell Schwartz

RB - Derrick Henry

RB - Jacquizz Rodgers

WR - Breshad Perriman

WR - Amara Darboh

QB - Matthew Stafford

EDGE - Charles Harris

INT - Bennie Logan

INT Muhammad Wilkerson

EDGE - Ziggy Ansah

SLB - Bernardrick McKinney

MLB - Navorro Bowman

WLB - Reuben Foster

CB - Xavier Rhodes

CB - Josh Norman

S - Justin Simmons

S - Clayton Geathers

CB - Jourdan Lewis

CB - Demarious Randall

S - Eric Reid

LB - Zach Cunningham

LB - Antonio Morrison

INT - Austin Johnson

INT - Vernon Butler

EDGE - Marcus Smith

Motivation: We're 6-7 and we're mathematically alive in the playoff race ( I think) but we're hanging on and determined to beat Gotham to end our season on a high note.

Charleston Offensive Strategy: We're going to come out and pick apart Gotham's secondary and use our running game to wear them out later in the game. Golden Tate should be able to make a few plays and Rishard Matthews being back will be a nice boost for the offense, we'll of course feature gordon in the passing game as well.

The Passing Strategy: We'll feature 2 TE sets as our base offense and we'll make sure to get Graham and Thomas involved heavily in the passing game and the running game, I'd expect Graham will get 10+ targets and be Rivers main threat in the passing game. Golden Tate and friends should also get quite a few looks and we'll make sure to use Gordon as much as possible along with featuring Murray in a revenge game for him. Gotham's secondary boasts a pretty damn good secondar but we should be able to find the mismatches whether it's via our RBs or TEs. however their D-line and LBs are fairly good so we'll try and make adjustments based on what they show us on the field. With Rivers playing as well as he is we won't be afraid to take deep shots against Rome's defense and take advantage of their mistmatches on defense and with Kam Chancellor sitting out this one Gotham isn't as strong on the backend as it usually is. We'll make sure to feed Gordon as well and get Graham his 10+ Targets since Gotham has no one capable of covering him.

The Running Strategy: We're going to come out running the ball quite a bit and use Gordon+Murray as the gears to grind out Gotham's D-line so they'll tire out quicker and we can take advantage of that in the second half, I'd expect my o-line to keep Rivers well protected and open some decent holes for my RBs along with bulldozing their LBs.

TDLR: Run the Ball, Throw the Ball, Win.

Charleston Defensive Strategy: Shut down the run, Control the LOS, Get Pressure on Wentz, Force turnovers.

The Defensive Passing Strategy: With Marcus Peters out because the Walrus is on a power trip we'll have to adjust our secondary a bit so we'll be playing more zone but we'll still use some man coverage here and there, Brandon Carr will cover their no.1 WR, Stephon Gilmore will man the other outside CB spot and we'll make sure to try and take away Gotham's leftover WRs in the passing game, Gotham has limited weapons in the passing game outside of their top 2 WRs and I'd expect they'll move towards a more run focused approach because of this and we'll make adjustments for that. We'll play a variety of coverages and mix it up with some man and zone and we'll use hyde as a dime DB on occassion as well, Wentz has been pretty damn good for a 2nd year QB out of South Dakota redneck state but he's still a young QB and young QB's struggle with pass rushes so we'll make sure to Blitz Wentz quite a bit and focus on getting pressure on him.

The Run Defense: We'll make sure to shut down Gotham's running game and focus on getting pressure on Wentz, we'll rotate our d-line to keep them fresh and adjust our defensive formation based on what is needed for the situation. We'll also rotate Shane Ray in with Mario Addison on obvious running downs and use Ray more as a stand up rush linebacker to take advantage of his talent more so he can get after Wentz. With Gotham most likely moving to a more run based offense to make up for the fact they lost their aerial offense is pretty meh this week we'll focus on shutting down Wentz's WRs in the passing game. 

TDLR: Stop the run, Control the LOS, Get turnovers.

OFFENSE - 2 WR/2 TE/RB

With the timing of this write up, I obviously know Wentz is out the rest of the year, but we are going to keep chugging with him here and hope he can turn out a performance as memorable as yesterday.

Our run game will be a focus early, looking to establish tempo and time of possession advantage.  Pounding the rock at a small  D Line should produce steady results and hopefully Martin and Henry can break one to the house.

We are going to relentlessly attack on the outside as the Dingholes are super loose at CB.  We are going to target Demaryius as read 1 if he singled at all times.  If doubles persist, we will look to our tight ends and Landry to keep the chains moving.

DEFENSE - 43 Cover 1

We come out in a standard 43 with an eye to stopping Charleston’s run game first, forcing the Dingo Lads to throw into our elite secondary on 3rd and longs.  To that end we will employ these concepts throughout the game:

-Single coverage on the outside with Rhodes and Norman playing sides.  We will mix in zone schemes to keep Rivers guessing.  Special attention will be paid to Jimmy Graham with bracket coverage with Foster underneath and Geathers over the top.

-Stop the run game.  If the Chews get some balance in their offense, we could be in trouble with the way Phil is slinging it recently.  We charge Bowman to spy Gordon and expect him to inflict damage whether running between the tackles or catching the ball out of the backfield.  McKinney will have read/react duties over Thomas.

-Be creative getting to RIvers.  We are going deep in the playbook to create pressure on Phil, running stunts, delayed and jailbreak blitzes, even the secondary will get involved from time to time.  We want him to be uncomfortable and not know where the pressure is coming from.

I really don't think my team would pull out the win here we're missing our starting C, best CB, best edge rusher (well the best one left) and Brandon Carr just got exposed. 

I think this would be a high effort game but Gotham just pulls ahead and eventually grinds out the win here because Wentz is just playing too well right now (Well he would be here before magically tearing his ACL the second he steps off the field) 

13 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

i'm voting gotham now.  I haven't heard from Whicker if they missed the write up by a little or a lot.  so as soon as I hear that I may switch

They both posted when they submitted their write ups. 

edit: Didn't read through sorry bruh.

Archived