Lukas Van Ness is a Bust.

MacReady

Sucks. Only able to sack Justin Fields, who basically sacked himself by not throwing the ball away.

Sacked Justin Fields and stopped a stupid fake punt call by the Lions and that’s it.

He’s basically the Luigi to Dean Lowry’s Mario. Thinner, a little more agile and can jump higher.

Hercules? More like Jerkules.

We should trade him now.

@MacReady You are (one of the) kings of the early takes on a player. When is it the right time for a take ? 

Too early and the player who takes a little time to blosssom can be completely misevaluated. Too late and it is already obvious to most fans what kind of player they will be, so it isn't a hot take anymore.

I would be somewhat comfortable deciding on Van Ness after maybe three games next season. For Love, end of this season. That probably puts me leaning just a bit towards later takes, than the average fan. The caution of age ? Possibly, since I am 72 and you (I believe) are early 30's.

Dang, that first post is pure poetry and I could not have said it better myself!

Kid sucks.  Waste of a pick, big time.  Can't even log many snaps behind Gary, Preston and Enagbare.  

Shameful.  You'd think that someone that large and that athletic would show up more often.

But at least he looks good getting off the bus.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@MacReady You are (one of the) kings of the early takes on a player. When is it the right time for a take ? 

Too early and the player who takes a little time to blosssom can be completely misevaluated. Too late and it is already obvious to most fans what kind of player they will be, so it isn't a hot take anymore.

I would be somewhat comfortable deciding on Van Ness after maybe three games next season. For Love, end of this season. That probably puts me leaning just a bit towards later takes, than the average fan. The caution of age ? Possibly, since I am 72 and you (I believe) are early 30's.

Never too early. You say what you feel and wait for new information to change your mind.

That’s how I roll. In life and on here. I say exactly what I think when I think it and hope someone or something can irrefutably change my mind.

36 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

He's giving Van Ness the anti-jinxx

I'd like to see Van Ness play more DT going forward

Edited by Eternal

6 minutes ago, Eternal said:

He's giving Van Ness the anti-jinxx

I'd like to see Van Ness play more DT going forward

Even if I was, which I’m clearly and obviously not, if one was to ever admit to such a thing it would never work.

Even after it works one can never admit that sort of thing, and the more often someone says someone is doing such a thing minimizes the effect of such a thing.

But, unfortunately, that’s not what I’m doing. Lukas Van Ness was one pick before a franchise tackle.

Instead of a franchise tackle, we have eye candy to attract more MILFs and teenage girls.

The only benefit to LVN is ticket sales for a team that has never struggled to sell tickets. He’s jersey bait and that’s it.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

Even if I was, which I’m clearly and obviously not, if one was to ever admit to such a thing it would never work.

Even after it works one can never admit that sort of thing, and the more often someone says someone is doing such a thing minimizes the effect of such a thing.

But, unfortunately, that’s not what I’m doing. Lukas Van Ness was one pick before a franchise tackle.

Instead of a franchise tackle, we have eye candy to attract more MILFs and teenage girls.

The only benefit to LVN is ticket sales for a team that has never struggled to sell tickets. He’s jersey bait and that’s it.

On draft night, I wondered if LVN was going to be The Incredible Bulk II.  Without the steroids, but more form than function. 

But that thought only takes you so far. There are enough people who have prognosticated on the talent translation, so I'm content to wait. 

I know jack about squat though.