Sunday Night Football: Ravens at Steelers

titans0021

56 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Harbaugh reminded me of why I despise him so much in his post-game. I've never seen it before. Half way through, after getting questions about what the defense was doing all night on Brown and why he was alone in key spots, Harbaugh stops and goes, "Did anyone see that last play on Maclin in the end?" After some muttering from the media about different plays he settles in on the one where Maclin was down. He asks if he was hit in the head. Media responded with silence and went on to the next question.

Harbaugh has shown repeatedly he's literally incapable of taking responsibility for anything.

27 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

But no let's all pretend the Steelers and Bengals have some sort of rivalry or something. People forget that Steelers/Ravens is still the best rivalry in football and it's not close. For how pissed I am at how this game ended, that was one exciting freaking football game, sans the referees.

Our secondary is a paradox.  Terrible at stopping the big play, but are good otherwise.

What's interesting about it is when we are in zone (basically whenever Sensebaugh is in) we are terrible.  Davis, Burns, and Mitchell are terrible at reading developing plays and adjusting.  But when we play man (basically when Haden or Sutton are in) we are actually good because our DB's can be aggressive at the line, jam, throw off timing, and Mitchell and Davis can sit deeper back and read an react to where the ball is going as opposed to reading routes.

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What's interesting about it is when we are in zone (basically whenever Sensebaugh is in) we are terrible.  Davis, Burns, and Mitchell are terrible at reading developing plays and adjusting.  But when we play man (basically when Haden or Sutton are in) we are actually good because our DB's can be aggressive at the line, jam, throw off timing, and Mitchell and Davis can sit deeper back and read an react to where the ball is going as opposed to reading routes.

So......exactly as fans have been saying since 2011? 

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

So they just put Carr 1 v 1 against AB? Really?

Largely because our CB's play a side. Humphrey, our rookie 1st rounder held AB to 2 catches for 5 yards when matched up with him. Carr got absolutely roasted though, over and over again, and Dean Pees was like "Nah, we don't need to put a safety over the top."

9 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

People forget that Steelers/Ravens is still the best rivalry in football and it's not close.

I'd put this particular rivalry on par with a lot of those AFCE battles in the 90s, where it was Aikman/Smith/Irvin vs Reggie White/Seth Joyner/Clyde Simmons (with guys like Phil Simms/LT and the Hogs crashing the party at various times). 

It's the best franchise rivalry of this generation.

Archived