Sunday Night Football: Ravens at Steelers

titans0021

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, the pace of the game mitigates a lot of that, imo. With that said, even with a lack of parity, it's actually fun to root for super teams in the NBA. And beyond that, it's much easier to follow individual stars and root for them as compared to any other sport, with the exception of maybe soccer.

It's really not. You go into the year knowing that maybe four teams have a chance of winning it all, and that's generous. 90% of NBA fans know their team has no shot. That's not good for the game.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Not the one we should have gotten. It was a garbage decision by the refs not to make it clear what was about to happen.

Yeah well, that’s just like your opinion man.gif

i don’t think the refs should have to explain that they’re going to call a game by the rulebook.

Saints players and fans both were complaining backups and special teamers are given warnings about being too far off the line and that’s why the call on LeDweebus on hursday, that negated their FG was a bad call. I disagreed with them there as well and see these as similar situations.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Dude, don't waste my time with an argument nobody is making. What I told you is that they should let the team know that the clock is going to start.

I think a team/coaching staff being paid a combined 10's of thousands if not 100's of thousands a minute should be able to figure that out themselves.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Dude, don't waste my time with an argument nobody is making. What I told you is that they should let the team know that the clock is going to start.

And what Im saiyng is that the clock should never have stopped.   There should be a 10 second run off for that.

And either way,  GTFO with you acting like teams shouldnt be required to know the rules.    What a joke.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

If he hadnt fumbled out of bounds, it wouldve been over anyway.    

If you let players fumble out of bounds to stop the clock in those situations, I dont think I have to explain the issues with that.

But it was a legit fumble. Thats whats bothering me. I realize you cant just chuck it out of bounds cuz thatd be an illegal forward pass but i think its kind of a dumb rule. It couldve easily gone any direction and pittsburgh couldve recovered it. A rule that restricted the natural flow of the game.

But i get it cuz then every fumble would be up to the refs interpretation of whether the fumble was intentional and the refs already affect enough.

Just seems a bum way for the game to end.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah well, that’s just like your opinion man.gif

i don’t think the refs should have to explain that they’re going to call a game by the rulebook.

Saints players and fans both were complaining backups and special teamers are given warnings about being too far off the line and that’s why the call on LeDweebus on hursday, that negated their FG was a bad call. I disagreed with them there as well and see these as similar situations.

It is when they have consistently done that. On those sort of plays, the refs generally explain that the clock will start when they spot the ball. It's crazy to expect players on the field to know every obscure rule in that situation. It's crazy to expect the coach on the sideline to know it at that point in the game. Tell them what's happening for the benefit of the fans. Nobody outside of Pittsburgh wanted to see that game end with the Ravens in a huddle. Nobody.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's really not. You go into the year knowing that maybe four teams have a chance of winning it all, and that's generous. 90% of NBA fans know their team has no shot. That's not good for the game.

Disagree. Talk to anyone in the basketball forum. Barely any Warriors fans, but that doesn't stop folks from watching the games or enjoying them, regardless of who is playing. It's all about the stars. As long as they are there, there will always be something/someone to follow, even if their team has no realistic shot at winning it all. Perfect example of this is the Sixers and Joel Embiid.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

Disagree. Talk to anyone in the basketball forum. Barely any Warriors fans, but that doesn't stop folks from watching the games or enjoying them, regardless of who is playing. It's all about the stars. As long as they are there, there will always be something/someone to follow, even if their team has no realistic shot at winning it all. Perfect example of this is the Sixers and Joel Embiid.

There are quite a few Warriors fans. I enjoy watching the Warriors play, but that doesn't mean that it's good for the game. I enjoy watching elite NFL players play, but if you put them all on one team, I'd stop following the game closely. I don't follow basketball closely either because there's no drama. Everyone knows it'll be the Warriors vs. the Cavs barring crazy injuries.

Just now, riceman80 said:

But it was a legit fumble. Thats whats bothering me. I realize you cant just chuck it out of bounds cuz thatd be an illegal forward pass but i think its kind of a dumb rule. It couldve easily gone any direction and pittsburgh couldve recovered it. A rule that restricted the natural flow of the game.

But i get it cuz then every fumble would be up to the refs interpretation of whether the fumble was intentional and the refs already affect enough.

Just seems a bum way for the game to end.

I agree its a bad way to end the game.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah NBA is boring as hell. You sit through the entire 6 months just to watch 3-4 teams compete in the conference finals with one team that surprisingly competes but doesnt win and then a super team wins. I used to love the NBA but i cant get into it anymore. Theres 3 types of teams...super teams competing for a championship, teams struggling to make playoffs and play above what they are, and teams tanking for better lottery odds.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree its a bad way to end the game.

I think it's to prevent someone from "purposefully" rolling or "fumbling" the ball out of bounds to stop the clock. I don't know the rules, so maybe there's something already in there to stop this, but without that rule, if a WR catches a pass and then "rolls" the ball out of bounds, that seems rather cheap.

Archived