Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Here's an odd one...

somehow we traded up from 11 to 5 and kept our new #23.

I have been bouncing the thought around, if a trade up is going to cost three 1st round picks, would people want it to be 11, 23, and the 2025 1st? Or would they rather keep 23 this year and trade away 11, 2025 1st, and 2026 1st? 

6 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I have been bouncing the thought around, if a trade up is going to cost three 1st round picks, would people want it to be 11, 23, and the 2025 1st? Or would they rather keep 23 this year and trade away 11, 2025 1st, and 2026 1st? 

I think you pull the band aid sooner than later. We have to hope for the best but plan for the worst with the QB selection, and by the time we’d begin having 1st round picks again, we should also have a solid evaluation of if our QB selection worked out.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Christ, even with Jefferson and Addison, I’d still draft Nabers at 23. 

would we ever run the ball? lol

with that crazy draft, you could sign Nabers to a #23 five year contract and then trade him.

Edited by vike daddy

So if we get boxed out of the top 4 QBs, for whatever reason…

Move down from #11 to #15 for a 3rd (Indy)  … [we have no 2nds or 3rds in 2024]

#15 - Bryon Murphy DT

#23 - Chop Robinson DE

#82 - Spencer Rattler QB

Front 7

Robinson-Murphy-Phillips-Greenard

Ginkel-Pace-Cashman

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

#15 - Bryon Murphy DT

#23 - Chop Robinson DE

#82 - Spencer Rattler QB

Kwesi: "We have layers of contingencies..."

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Definitely an interesting thought exercise.  Personally, I'd rather give up the 23rd pick this year than their 2026 FRP in case their QB they draft is a massive flop.  My guess is one of the teams in that 3-5 range said they needed 3 FRPs to move off their pick, and Minnesota was unwilling to deal beyond the upcoming season of picks.  Still, it's rather risky to go into the next two drafts with only one pick inside the top 64.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

#15 - Bryon Murphy DT

#23 - Chop Robinson DE

#82 - Spencer Rattler QB

Front 7

Robinson-Murphy-Phillips-Greenard

Ginkel-Pace-Cashman

Even if you really like Rattler, I don’t think you can wait until #82 to pick him. I don’t think you can risk the possibility of somebody else picking him and not getting a QB. 

I think I liked Rattler more in a situation where we kept Cousins, as a backup with some upside.  I definitely prefer Nix or Penix as a QB of the future. Rattler is still the Lincoln Riley QB who got benched.

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Oh wow, probably not spend that far into the future. The one leverage play you have is to give up your current first rounder now. In theory that 2026 1st is really the same value as a 2024 2nd. But to your own team it’s worth more. Those future picks are what would save you if you go after a QB this year. A lot can happen, and if we are to trade up I’d expect us to give up that 23 this year rather than pushing the sale farther and farther down the line also. 

What could a draft look like that has the Vikings failing to move up and they don’t take a quarterback?

11. Alabama CB Terrion Arnold
23. Penn State EDGE Chop Robinson
108. Florida State RB Trey Benson
129. DT Mekhi Wingo
157. ILB Michael Barrett
167. Michigan C Drake Nugent
177. Michigan EDGE Jaylen Harrell
230. Mississippi WR Zakhari Franklin
232. TCU TE Jared Wiley

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2024-7-round-mock-draft-what-if-they-cant-trade-up-for-a-qb/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0CDgIuNK48zOTJf-zMJC88k9bx3WjudN4GMIBPAPjhELheUnG4GYC4dok

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

What could a draft look like that has the Vikings failing to move up and they don’t take a quarterback?

11. Alabama CB Terrion Arnold
23. Penn State EDGE Chop Robinson
108. Florida State RB Trey Benson
129. DT Mekhi Wingo
157. ILB Michael Barrett
167. Michigan C Drake Nugent
177. Michigan EDGE Jaylen Harrell
230. Mississippi WR Zakhari Franklin
232. TCU TE Jared Wiley

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2024-7-round-mock-draft-what-if-they-cant-trade-up-for-a-qb/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0CDgIuNK48zOTJf-zMJC88k9bx3WjudN4GMIBPAPjhELheUnG4GYC4dok

Do not see the need to pick a RB that high after signing Jones. 

• Like 1