Post your reaction when Joe Flacco leads the Browns to their first Superbowl

Slingin' Sammy

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Question - if Flacco can lead Cleveland on a deep playoff run and/or Super Bowl, how do his HoF credentials change?

This would be a resume that's similar to Kurt Warner, IMO. Not exactly the same (Warner was more impressive statistically I believe) but definitely a comparable situation.

No pro bowls no all pros hasn’t lead the league in any major statistical category. I think hof is very unlikely. 

50 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No pro bowls no all pros hasn’t lead the league in any major statistical category. I think hof is very unlikely. 

He is elite among non probowl QBs

"Flacco has the most career passing yards and touchdowns for any quarterback who has never been to a Pro Bowl"

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

It was the best deal he could get though?

Who says he was even really looking though? 

Dude made a fortune already and has never been a big spender. Only reason for him to get off the couch, squeeze into economy class, and spend any meaningful time in Cleveland in November and December is the love of the game. 

Edited by ronjon1990

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Question - if Flacco can lead Cleveland on a deep playoff run and/or Super Bowl, how do his HoF credentials change?

This would be a resume that's similar to Kurt Warner, IMO. Not exactly the same (Warner was more impressive statistically I believe) but definitely a comparable situation.

Gotta put him in, imo. 

The stats aren't bulky and he was never a sexy stat padder.But he'll have more Superbowls than a few HOF QBs combined, past and future inductees. 

The Superbowl he got with the Ravens, that had a lot to do with Flacco's play along with the defense. He had an incredible post season so it's not like he rode the rest of the team’s coattails Trent Dilfer style. 

Considering how things were going in Cleveland, who is a very good overall team, it would be difficult to say they could do it right now if not for Flacco. He's played very very well, all things considered. Sure, other QBs could have done similar, but they didn't. Rivers never got one. Ryan never got one. Conversely, Rodgers and Brees both have one and I don't think that really changes if Flacco QB'd those Packers and Saints teams respectively as neither QB won theirs in marquee statistical years and Flacco arguably has the better individual play in January. 

Now, he won't be in any Fantasy Football HOF. But he got a job done many others never did. Now he may do so after being cast off as an emergency call backup QB a decade after his first ring? And as a driving force behind it to boot? 

He manages that, I don't think 100, 150 years from now, that you could tell a tale of the NFL and not mention Joe Flacco in some pretty positively impactful ways. That, to me, warrants the HOF mote than the the lack of bulk stats. 

And to think just a couple of months ago Cleveland was being railed for trading Josh Dobbs 🤣

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Who says he was even really looking though? 

Dude made a fortune already and has never been a big spender. Only reason for him to get off the couch, squeeze into economy class, and spend any meaningful time in Cleveland in November and December is the love of the game. 

He did, watch from about a minute on for a few minutes. He makes it pretty clear he was trying to play football this year.

• 2 weeks later...