2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

25 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I keep expecting to see his name released on Twitter but nothing yet. Hopefully soon lol

I honestly think we’re going to hang on to him through training camp. Let him work with Callahan and determine if he’s a backup swing tackle for us in 2024 or a camp casualty.

44 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I honestly think we’re going to hang on to him through training camp. Let him work with Callahan and determine if he’s a backup swing tackle for us in 2024 or a camp casualty.

I think he will be a post June 1st cut too anyway if/when he is cut. 

So I guess whats the rush. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think he will be a post June 1st cut too anyway if/when he is cut. 

So I guess whats the rush. 

Exactly. Maybe Callahan can get him to be salvageable like Stoutland did in Philly. If not he’ll just be a post June 1st cut like if we were to cut him now and designate him as such.

Need at least 1 of these guys. CJ Gardner-Johnson or Geno Stone would be the top two targets for me. Not sure why CJGJ can’t stay on a team longer than 1 season. Thought he was a pretty solid safety and he’s only 26. Yea he likes to run his mouth but this defense needs an edge to it especially in the secondary. Some of the softest DBs I’ve ever seen.

I'm a little confused as to how MIA just signed Jonnu Smith as a free agent. Not that I wanted him, but he played for ATL last year correct? I know if he was already with Mia they can sign him, but according to pro football reference he was on Atlanta in 2023. 

I think I am with what appears to be the majority on here, that we upgrade Defense in FA and the offense in the draft. I am sure Ran has a plan and will shop wisely, knowing the contracts given out are going to be higher with the salary cap bump. I am good with a slight overpayment for key guys with some well written contracts that let us get out in 2 years...when presumably we will be either signing Levis to an extension or in the market for a FA QB.

It's kind of crazy that 3-4 years in a row there have been some pretty reasonable QB's available each offseason via either trade or FA. This is why it's so important to build solid team/roster so if we are just a QB away from a legit run in 2026 we can attract the right QB. 

12 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I'm a little confused as to how MIA just signed Jonnu Smith as a free agent. Not that I wanted him, but he played for ATL last year correct? I know if he was already with Mia they can sign him, but according to pro football reference he was on Atlanta in 2023. 

I think I am with what appears to be the majority on here, that we upgrade Defense in FA and the offense in the draft. I am sure Ran has a plan and will shop wisely, knowing the contracts given out are going to be higher with the salary cap bump. I am good with a slight overpayment for key guys with some well written contracts that let us get out in 2 years...when presumably we will be either signing Levis to an extension or in the market for a FA QB.

It's kind of crazy that 3-4 years in a row there have been some pretty reasonable QB's available each offseason via either trade or FA. This is why it's so important to build solid team/roster so if we are just a QB away from a legit run in 2026 we can attract the right QB. 

Players that are cut can sign immediately. Players whose contracts are up have to wait till next year. I believe Jonnu was cut last week as he had a year or 2 remaining on his deal

• Like 1