2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

Realistically, we need multiple wide receivers this offseason.  We're probably signing some free agents that are guys that only got like 300 yards last year.  The cupboard is bare.  Get depth in free agency if you can't land one of the few top end free agents.

And if you can't land one of the top WRs, throw a bag of money at a top corner.

The only free agents I would be actively rooting to re-sign would be Chris Hubbard, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Azeez Al-Shaair, Trevis Gipson, and our special teams guys.  Everyone else I don't care about.  Those guys are worth the money they likely command, which for most, isn't much.

Oh yeah, and Derrick Henry.  I do want the team to be watchable.

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m trying to figure out if there’s a Nate Washington/Rishard Matthews type out there, who’s under the radar but is capable of being a high quality #2 with on the right team or with bigger role. Maybe Darnell Mooney?

I've always kind of liked Cedrick Wilson Jr. more than most, but not sure if he's Rishard Matthews 2.0. 

Also, yeah, I'd love to spend some money on a top CB. 

24 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

If he is on the cheaper side KJ Osbourne is a guy I would be interested in.

he’d be a great fit here. super high effort team leader type who can also make some plays. loved him at the U

• Like 1

I think our recent history is giving us all PTSD when it comes to WR's. I think the last 6 to 9 years of having this run first, and play action offense has caused the WR conversation to have such so low enthusiasm...me included...but having a modern offense should allow us to take guys that are good players and get some production out of them. In the recent years they had to be elite WR's to get 1000 yards...not saying they are not elite but 27 receivers had over 1K this year(including TE's). I think if Levis is the guy...and that's still a decent if...then we should be able to take a couple of B receivers and they will look like A+ compared to what we've had the last few years(minus AJB).

24 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Philly media seems to be crucifying AJ Brown

If he becomes available, I think he'd be the kind of player that this team could use and hasn't had in a couple years.

Lol,

I do find it amusing somewhat. I remember thinking that he would miss the media and bubble provided to him here.  Philly fans will turn on him soon enough. 

I can see him being a guy that just retires in 3 years or so. 

Peter King had that whole deal about how he disappeared for the last half of the season. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 1