2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

I know a lot has to play out still with free agency and I doubt it happens because of our current roster situation in needing draft capital, but how would you guys feel about trading up to get a player like MHJ? What if we flipped Dhop to gain the capital to justify the move up. Not saying it is something I want, but it is an interesting thought.

Lets say we flipped Dhop for a 3rd.

Send our 1st

a second next year

3rd from Dhop

and a 4th or 6th.

Trade up to New England at 3.

14 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I know a lot has to play out still with free agency and I doubt it happens because of our current roster situation in needing draft capital, but how would you guys feel about trading up to get a player like MHJ? What if we flipped Dhop to gain the capital to justify the move up. Not saying it is something I want, but it is an interesting thought.

Send our 1st

a second next year

3rd from Dhop

and a 4th or 6th.

I wouldn't trade up for anyone. That's just me. 

As good as Harrison Jr might be, you can still get good/ great wrs later. 

There is no Calvin Johnson. 

I'd only trade down. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Send our 1st

a second next year

3rd from Dhop

and a 4th or 6th.

DHop + a Higgins or Evans + keeping all that draft capital > MHJ.

If the FA WR market is unexpectedly poor or something maybe you start to consider it, but then you have to make the decision of does MHJ > Dhop + Whichever WR you'd draft at 7 + that capital, and I don't think the answer there is yes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I wouldn't trade up for anyone. That's just me. 

As good as Harrison Jr might be, you can still get good/ great wrs later. 

There is no Calvin Johnson. 

I'd only trade down. 

I mean MHJ could very well be as good as someone like Calvin Johnson… Dudes the best WR prospect in years and that includes Chase, Jefferson, etc. But I’m also not about trading up either.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I would trade UP for MHJ, I see him as a Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Jamar chase, Julio Jones, can’t miss prospect. He reminds me of a Davante Adams with a mix of AJ green. But I wouldn’t want to give up nothing more than a next yrs 2nd. We have far too many holes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Send our 1st

a second next year

3rd from Dhop

and a 4th or 6th.

That's not enough to make New England pass on a QB. We'd have to give up at least another 1st to move up to #3.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We've all understandably focused on OT and WR discussion so far, but what is everyone's idea for fixing our CB room?

Have to get that in FA. 

Not really hearing a lot of buzz about the CB depth this year. 

Should be starter level FA's this year. Can bring back SMB if you like. Spend big for Sneed if he hits free agency. 

Some other mid level FAs. Rock Ya-Sin was with Wilson in Baltimore. Had a decent year with him. 

So CB can be done on FA to me and some developmental guy in the draft. But not one to be counted on. 

And as always, be optimistic of a new DC can maybe elevate someone like Farley to a NFL level player. Maybe even give Fulton a new lease on life and come back for a one year deal.  Who knows. 

I still want Alt but would be happy with Nabers or Odunze. If all 3 of them are gone I lean towards trading down. I think Bears may take MHJ at 1. He for sure will go top 4 and I do not want to lose more picks by trading up

As for corner we need to sign the best one in free agency. I would be ok resigning SMB too for the #2 corner. Hopefully McCreary takes another step and then draft one in the middle rounds

I'm bracing myself, as funny as that sounds, for an OT at 7. Not to say that's a bad thing. To me, it would be slightly disappointing, just because I really want to get an 3rd round pick. I just feel if we had that extra pick in the top 3 rounds, we could really land 3 potential impact players.

But if we walk away with Alt and a good WR in the 2nd, to go along with a WR in FA and OL in FA, then I'd consider that a win.