2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

On 12/17/2023 at 10:18 PM, KingTitan said:

Let's get it going. 

Off-season tends to be my favorite. Hard to just straight up lose. Lol 

Draft season. Free Agents. 

Let's go!!!

Don’t know, we did a good job of losing the off season when we traded AJ away. 😂

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

more speed, please

or better slow players, please

regardless, a good OL, please

interesting to see the rams and niners success drafting players who are excellent route runners and/or extremely explosive in short areas despite not having the long speed. cupp, puka, deebo, and aiyuk all fit that bill while being some of the best receivers in football. we've not only failed to get guys with long speed, we've failed to get guys with that short area explosion. it's why keeping kyle phillips as a healthy scratch felt so crazy to me, and why tyjae felt like such a breath of fresh air. both of those guys are in that mold- neither is going to pull away from you in the open field but they both create space in a way that literally nobody else on the entire roster does. more of that, please

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

interesting to see the rams and niners success drafting players who are excellent route runners and/or extremely explosive in short areas despite not having the long speed. cupp, puka, deebo, and aiyuk all fit that bill while being some of the best receivers in football. we've not only failed to get guys with long speed, we've failed to get guys with that short area explosion. it's why keeping kyle phillips as a healthy scratch felt so crazy to me, and why tyjae felt like such a breath of fresh air. both of those guys are in that mold- neither is going to pull away from you in the open field but they both create space in a way that literally nobody else on the entire roster does. more of that, please

Yeah I don't necessarily think having a bunch of burners is a MUST...it's kinda about how you want to build your team. BAL/Miami's O is just as scary as SF's. AJ isn't a burner but he is able to make plays in short areas like Deebo. He and Corey did work because we had a great OL and good QB play. Bengals are #9 on that list, but Chase/Higgins/Boyd are all just GOOD receivers at the end of the day (w/ Higgins being very good and Chase being elite).

Our problem is more talent than speed...Hopkins can still get his because he's a future HOFer and one of the best ever. But then you throw in guys like NWI and Burks...fringe roster guys on good teams...that's when the problem starts. It gets even more compounded when you tack on a horrible OL.

I wonder if Dhop wants to stick around. And I wonder what we could get if we wanted to trade him.

I know it creates a huge hole in an area where we need to add talent. But we are in a position where we desperately need to get younger at every position. And with cap space and a top 10 pick I wouldn't mind the idea of trading him to a contender to get capital for a guy who has one year left.

I know he didn’t garner much interest last offseason but I wonder if that has changed due to him getting through a whole season and playing well. 

Not opposed to keeping him either. Just food for thought.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I wonder if Dhop wants to stick around. And I wonder what we could get if we wanted to trade him.

I know it creates a huge hole in an area where we need to add talent. But we are in a position where we desperately need to get younger at every position. And with cap space and a top 10 pick I wouldn't mind the idea of trading him to a contender to get capital for a guy who has one year left.

I know he didn’t garner much interest last offseason but I wonder if that has changed due to him getting through a whole season and playing well. 

Not opposed to keeping him either. Just food for thought.

I wonder this too.
Does he want to be around for the rebuild. 

He should get at least an 4th. 

Munchak back as OL coach seems tough to swing. I don’t see almost any coach making a lateral move to come here.

Munchak might have to get a promotion of some kind to be lured over. OC seems like the only obvious upgrade, unless you do one of those OL/run game coordinator hybrid things.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Munchak back as OL coach seems tough to swing. I don’t see almost any coach making a lateral move to come here.

Munchak might have to get a promotion of some kind to be lured over. OC seems like the only obvious upgrade, unless you do one of those OL/run game coordinator hybrid things.

Munchak hasn’t coached since 2021 I believe so I doubt it would take that much to bring him back.