2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

We just got new jerseys like 5 years ago, why do we need new ones already?

You can change uniforms every five years and we’ve seen that recently with the Jaguars and Bucs. I’m just not of the belief of getting new uniforms everytime we get a new head coach/GM just because it’s a “new era”.

5 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

We just got new jerseys like 5 years ago, why do we need new ones already?

Because our New Jersey’s F****n sucks, the # font & color scheme. Bring back the oiler colors powder blue white & red 

8 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Because our New Jersey’s F****n sucks, the # font & color scheme. Bring back the oiler colors powder blue white & red 

Yea. I agree. # and font choice are pretty terrible. Along with the sword on the shoulder pad being two shades of grey is pretty awful. I have always thought our newer jerseys were pretty damn disgusting from a design standpoint. 

This offseason feels like when you get your house totally renovated. Like hopes are so high and things feel so great right now. Obviously it can all go off the rails quickly...se Ken Whizenhunt...but it all just feels right. Love him or hate him there was just never going to be this optimism if Vrabel stayed...even the most supportive guys on here can't possibly feel like things were giving them the same optimism. 

I remember most felt really good about Whiz, and that was a dumpster fire for sure. This for whatever reason feels different. Hopefully Cally can quickly identify if Levis is it going forward. Surely we are building a team that will be solid overall and when we get the right QB will take off. Hopefully we have him but it's too early to say, but better schemed plays should identify if he has the accuracy and hopefully he can get coached up on scrambling. That's not to say he is bad at scrambling, but in todays game you have to be able to extend plays and get a couple of first downs a game that should have been stopped...all of the top teams have that(minus the Lions). Burrow is at escaping and crushing the defenses spirit, so hopefully Cally can get Levis to that point. I really think improved accuracy, and ability to get out of the pocket and stay healthy is the key for Levis to stick as our long term plan. 

5 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea. I agree. # and font choice are pretty terrible. Along with the sword on the shoulder pad being two shades of grey is pretty awful. I have always thought our newer jerseys were pretty damn disgusting from a design standpoint. 

lol I actually like them for the most part. I'd be ok with changing the font. Maybe change the sword to the old light blue? Or white?

Really good interview with Chad Brinker. Just a few key things I picked up on

-Mentioned different ways of adding players in the offseason. Free agency, the draft and one many forget about cap casualties.

-He and Ran hit it off early. Feels they both complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses.

-Ideally wants to build through the draft, develop our young players and retain our core players. Free agent supplements the roster. Mentioned how the top teams (Chiefs,Ravens, and Lions) and all their previous places (Green Bay, San Francisco, Cincinnati) were built this way

-No surprise, our analytics department was pretty much non existent prior to his arrival. Compared it to a startup business and a lot of work to do. Said it’s going to take a few years to truly build it to the level he and Sarah Bailey wants. Will be expanding the department over the years 

-Plans to use a model called Athletic Performance Model, which the head of athletic training, the head of rehab, a head of sports science, a head of nutrition, a head of mental heal all work together as one unit for the betterment of the players. Mentioned how some may wonder how they don’t already have this in place but it’s just not beginning to enter the NFL. The main thing is putting the athlete first.

-Brian Callahan will hire a “game manager” coach who’ll work with our analytics department, a person on the staff more focus on personnel, one for coaching, and someone for sports science, and wants to have someone on the S&C staff who manages load management and injury prevention. “Not there yet but we’re building it”.

-Brian Callahan jumped off the screen for them after their first meeting. Felt he was the most “complete” and “ready” out of all the candidates.

-Said to be a legit SB contender you need a QB(obviously), build through the trenches on both sides of the ball and a good defense. Nothing to groundbreaking here. Said the formula to win is pretty easy but it’s difficult to win in this league.

-Ran got feedback from a the players after Vrabel’s firing to see what they want and like to see from the next coach. Player input meant a lot during the coaching process.

There’s a lot of other great nuggets and stories but those are some of the main things I took away. Also we need to enjoy him while he’s here because I definitely think he’ll be in GM talks in the near future.

• Like 3

Not gone lie. Spears and Jacob’s would be a great duo especially for the type of offense I think we’ll run. Both can run routes and catch.

but I think a cheaper bigger back we’ll do fine behind spears. Spears showed he’s a game changer 

32 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Not gone lie. Spears and Jacob’s would be a great duo especially for the type of offense I think we’ll run. Both can run routes and catch.

but I think a cheaper bigger back we’ll do fine behind spears. Spears showed he’s a game changer 

I'd hate it, hard pass. Jacobs has Doug Martin written all over him.

51 minutes ago, 615finest said:

For me, I'd pass. No reason to pay top money to a RB right now. I'd maybe pay Barkley but just can achieve pretty much the same with Spears, a rookie and improved line. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

For me, I'd pass. No reason to pay top money to a RB right now. I'd maybe pay Barkley but just can achieve pretty much the same with Spears, a rookie and improved line. 

I’d pay Barkley onlt with incentives due to injury history, him & spears are only the same far as pass catching backs, spears you don’t want to run between the tackles & definitely don’t want to put too much on his plate, he still has chronic arthritis & no ACL’s. But I can see Barkley if we’re building our team like the 49ers.