2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

On 2/8/2024 at 1:38 PM, KingTitan said:

I think bringing him back has a lot of value, but also a few handicaps. 
Namely-money. Secondly, scheme. 
I think he can catch better than a lot of people give him credit for, however he just seems limited in what he can bring to an offense outside of running the ball. 

Ultimately, can we get his production from another source? (Spears and....) 
Henry as a player/person is irreplaceable.  Maybe Vrabel and Kelly didn't allow him to really be an apart of an open offense, or Heny truly can't. 

I wouldn't flinch or be mad if he came back, but I'm not advocating or calling for him to return either. 

As long as we're not running HB Dive every 1st down then I don't mind him coming back. I think the ideal situation for him here would be a Jerome Bettis type of situation to end his career here. Slowly diminishing role and maybe we magically get him a ring in a couple years.

Let me dream. lol

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Outten to TE coach?

Seems so, and we're keeping Chris Harris as CB coach and defensive pass game coordinator.

Chris Harris will remain the cornerback coach/ passing game coordinator and Justin Outten, who was the running back coach/ run game coordinator last season, will move to coach tight ends. Jeremy Fowler reported long-time Washington running backs coach Randy Jordan is coming to Nashville.

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/roles-set-for-two-titans-assistant-coach-holdovers

Staff is coming along really nicely. Obviously the grand prize when Callahan was hired was bringing his dad with him of course. Bill Callahan being arguably the best OL in the game(Stoutland is up there as well). Add respected WR and RB coaches like Jordan and Tykes. A QB coach with playcalling experience and had O’Connell looking solid at times last year. Same goes for Outten Outten who has had playcalling duties in the past and is well respected.

Then on defense you have a guy like Wilson who numerous teams wanted and led the best secondary in football last year. Then a guy like Chris Harris who in the past has developed some good players in his own right and has been up for some DC jobs himself. Our worst unit - secondary. Bush has gotten good LB play throughout the years. 

I thought we had a pretty good DL coach in Williams so replacing him will be interesting. 

outten was a nice guy to keep and TE coach is a more natural fit for him. between papa cally, outten, and jordan it's very clear we're going to try to go back to heavy outside zone when it comes to running the ball.

The only hire I haven’t really liked/loved thus far is Holz. And given that he won’t be calling plays and we’ve surrounded him on that side of the ball with really good and veteran positional coaches, I’m less worried about how qualified he is to be an OC. Really, really like the staff overall.

In a world of fantasy how would you guys feel if the titans traded Landry & 2025 2nd rd pk to the bengals for Higgins. Then in FA sign Danielle Hunter. Yea it’s a hypothetical but some I think is a good trade for both sides. Bengals get pass rush help & salary cap relief, I believe landry doesn’t have much guaranteed money left, plus a 2nd rd pick. 

Sam Fuchs is another sneakily great hire. He has a rep for being a great teacher and developer with years of experience. Having him and Papa Callahan should be huge for the young guys currently on the roster and guys we’’ll be adding.

Their addition also makes a guy like Mekhi Becton (who I had no interest in before), a more intriguing free agent option.