2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Same. Rather get Kendall Fuller. We still have massive holes at WR and OT and free agency is barren there already. We need our first 2 picks this year.

Only way I'd do it if they wanted a top pick is flipping positions. 

Keeping an 1st round pick to get the best WR on the board. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

even that feels tough to me. we'd be sliding all the way down to 32...that's a huge drop.

• Like 2

Just now, -Hope- said:

even that feels tough to me. we'd be sliding all the way down to 32...that's a huge drop.

Yeah, giving more thought. Maybe they send back like an 6th or something. I dunno. I hate predicting trades. lol

More inclined to say flipping the 2nd positions.

Going from 32 to 7 should cost a lot more. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, giving more thought. Maybe they send back like an 6th or something. I dunno. I hate predicting trades. lol

More inclined to say flipping the 2nd positions.

Going from 32 to 7 should cost a lot more. 

i'd certainly consider swapping 2nds, but i don't think KC would lol. i'm not sure there's going to be compensation that would make sense for both teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

My overall point is that spending our salary capital on a backup QB will not get us closer to competing than spending it literally anywhere else would.  And that, philosophically, trying to make it so that you can win with your backup QB by trying to sign a good backup QB is also objectively a bad decision, unless your roster, top to bottom, is already strong.

Good backup QBs are more than that though. Good backups help get the starter prepared (especially young ones). Good backups help get the defense prepared via scout team. Good backups aren't just break in case of emergencies. In Levis's case having an experienced backup to help in the QB room has value. 

• Like 1

Can't remember where I heard this about Sneed (maybe Move the Sticks or PK's podcast), but I heard his knee is the issue preventing KC from signing him long term. Apparently he barely practiced last season but KC was able to manage it to get him to game day. Question is can they continue to manage it. 

If that's true, I'd hard pass. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Can't remember where I heard this about Sneed (maybe Move the Sticks or PK's podcast), but I heard his knee is the issue preventing KC from signing him long term. Apparently he barely practiced last season but KC was able to manage it to get him to game day. Question is can they continue to manage it. 

If that's true, I'd hard pass. 

Heard the same thing. Pretty sure it was PK.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hard to see them commanding such a haul (32nd to 7th), giving they don't have that much leverage.

yeah i was already bearish on spending draft capital for sneed and if there are injury concerns there's absolutely no way. we already signed awuzie who is coming off some injury issues himself.

I think KC is more desperate to trade Sneed than is being said. With the Jones extension they don't have the money for Sneed. The first year of the Jones contract is friendly but KC is still over the cap I am almost sure. 

I know he isn't worth too much, but seems like Burks would be a piece we could use for collateral, especially with a trade partner with a top end QB(KC/CIN)...he was a first round talent, but not for us...just a thought. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd have taken Mooney at that price.

If we can get Ridley for roughly or under $20 million a year, then I'm okay with it. My issue is if he costs $25+ million.

He’s going to cost slightly over 20 mill which pretty soon is going to be the norm even for a #2 WR, I don’t understand how y’all don’t get the cap roses every yr, & players continue to reset the market. This not the NFL of old, heck RT make all much as LT, G makes as much as T’s. Only teams that are contenders with proven QB play typically get players to sign at a discount, the rest over pay nature of the business.