2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

Posted (edited)

Grain of salt as always but he leaked nearly every single first round pick this year as it happened. (If that even means anything lmao) No idea who his "sources" are

Edited by Kookie23

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

So who are the key FAs left? Hoping for Boyd, a backup OT, and a S. 

I'd like to kick the tires on Calais Campbell myself.  Give us some flexibility as an inside/outside DL.  We have Simmons, Sweat, and SJD as our starting three, but it's literally just practice bodies behind them.  IMO, no position has weaker depth right now.  And since we're looking for like a DL4, it's also one that's fixable with a FA that's still available.

I don't think we need a backup OT.  Latham is starting in one spot, and the other will be a competition between Duncan, who's still super young, NPF, Watson, and maybe Radunz.  That's a lot of backup tackles.  And since they just traded for Watson, I don't see them seeking someone else out as a backup.

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'd like to kick the tires on Calais Campbell myself.  Give us some flexibility as an inside/outside DL.  We have Simmons, Sweat, and SJD as our starting three, but it's literally just practice bodies behind them.  IMO, no position has weaker depth right now.  And since we're looking for like a DL4, it's also one that's fixable with a FA that's still available.

I don't think we need a backup OT.  Latham is starting in one spot, and the other will be a competition between Duncan, who's still super young, NPF, Watson, and maybe Radunz.  That's a lot of backup tackles.  And since they just traded for Watson, I don't see them seeking someone else out as a backup.

Agreed on DL. I'd like Ngakoue just because he's an okay veteran, playable, etc. But really any vets would be good and are needed.

I'd like OT...but only if it's a medically cleared Charles Leno. I know the idea is to move Latham over, but if we can get Leno for 2 years and (hopefully) lock down both OT spots for Levis then I'd rather do that and switch Latham in year 3. Obviously this is a long shot haha. I'd rather not hope for the best with our group of misfits at RT, though obviously we can't be great at every spot.

Realistically, spend $20 million between Boyd and Simmons, $10 million on depth pieces, and roll ~$10 million to next year.

Meh.  Zay Jones would be hard to get excited about.  I don't know if he would do much other than maybe elevate the floor and get in over like, Kyle Philips or Colton Dowell.

14 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We should've traded Burks at last year's deadline

There's been a lot of smoke on both Farley and Burks being trade targets.  Both are former very highly regarded first round prospects.  I could see Burks getting more shine than Farley, but a lot of teams might say screw it, I'll give a seventh rounder to kick the tires.  Getting something for them is better than nothing.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Callahan the younger thinks he'd like a shot at seeing what he can get out of Burks, since he's kind of a WR guy.

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's been a lot of smoke on both Farley and Burks being trade targets.  Both are former very highly regarded first round prospects.  I could see Burks getting more shine than Farley, but a lot of teams might say screw it, I'll give a seventh rounder to kick the tires.  Getting something for them is better than nothing.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Callahan the younger thinks he'd like a shot at seeing what he can get out of Burks, since he's kind of a WR guy.

I just feel like the writing is already on the wall for Burks

I know Cally spoke him up on radio last week, but then we immediately bring in Zay Jones and Tyler Boyd for workouts. Maybe something/maybe nothing...but are there any of us who'd take Burks over either Zay or Tyler at this point? I wouldn't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

the single worst personnel decision in franchise history

2nd worst, allowing Albert Hayensworth to walk out the door in FA, after 2 all pro seasons back to back & going 13-3 was stupid, yes he flopped in Washington & got paid only because they lied to him & changed the defense to a 3-4 & he was pissed because he wanted to play in a defense suited to his playing style because he wanted to be a HOF & he made that clear when he signed. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

2nd worst, allowing Albert Hayensworth to walk out the door in FA, after 2 all pro seasons back to back & going 13-3 was stupid, yes he flopped in Washington & got paid only because they lied to him & changed the defense to a 3-4 & he was pissed because he wanted to play in a defense suited to his playing style because he wanted to be a HOF & he made that clear when he signed. 

My list of mistakes ranked:

1. Vince Young Drafted/Handling
  2. Hiring Ken Whisenhunt
  3. Drafting Jake Locker
  4. Drafting Chance Warmack
  5. Drafting Farley/Wilson
  6. Trading Brown

I think these are the franchise altering decisions that had ramifications felt throughout the organization that took seasons to overcome.