SNF: Ravens vs Jaguars

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Why was the NBC crew so obsessed with that TD call like it was a difference in this game lol.

Not much else to talk about at that point, honestly. Once the Ravens had the ball, the odds of Jacksonville coming back dropped from small to functionally impossible. So, you can talk about how well the Ravens are running the clock down, or talk about the most recent actually interesting thing that happened.

Ref outrage is also very popular right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Purdy not being a 1st round pick has zero to do with why I don't think he's the MVP. It has everything to do with how loaded of a team he plays on and the season CMC is having.

Supporting cast does not matter for MVP. If you want to vote with that in mind, you’d have to change A LOT of MVP Awards in the past.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what is this even showing? Lamar is a baller and a hell of a player but like his total yards will still be below like 5 QBs and so will his total TDs. 

I mean honestly I don't know. There's just not much of a stats argument for Lamar as MVP because every game he kind of just does 1-2 plays that win the game but other than that he's not throwing 4 TD's or putting up 400 yards of passing at any point. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean honestly I don't know. There's just not much of a stats argument for Lamar as MVP because every game he kind of just does 1-2 plays that win the game but other than that he's not throwing 4 TD's or putting up 400 yards of passing at any point. 

Lamar needs to audible off some of those Edwards TDs inside the five yard line and call his own number lol. 

His best argument will be to finish the season with the best record and have a MVP type performance next Monday night. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lamar needs to audible off some of those Edwards TDs inside the five yard line and call his own number lol. 

His best argument will be to finish the season with the best record and have a MVP type performance next Monday night. 

Oh absolutely. Worst case scenario for both (in a winning game) would be if CMC goes off for Purdy, and for Lamar it would be another game like tonight where he has <200 yards passing, <2 TD's but still wins. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So he's a game manager? /s

• Like 1

Just now, Soggust said:

So he's a game manager? /s

Yes, in the sense that he's also the entire offense lol so it's a weird conundrum.

It doesn't make sense to me that the Ravens are the 3rd/4th highest scoring offense in the NFL, but Lamar doesn't ever put up impressive yardage or touchdown stats, but is also their leading passer (obv) and rusher...?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

49ers vs Ravens, 11-3 vs 11-3, MNF, Christmas day, potential SB preview, QB winner has a good shot at MVP. So many good storylines, 2 great teams, 2 great HC's. Game of the year upcoming. Should be a great one, i'm looking forward to it!

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

Just now, Malik said:

Brock wouldn't be my MVP, but if he was undrafted I definitely think he'd be higher thought of like "how did everyone miss on this guy" vs "literally everyone passed over this guy multiple times."

Well I mean his numbers are pretty similar to Jimmy G in that same offense so yeah I think that kind of explains it.