Week 15: Bengals (5-8) at VIKINGS (10-3)

swede700

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Nah. I think this is something that you can look at in a vacuum. A miss is a miss, and it stands out on tape.

If you're someone who has some context with that, maybe.  For most of us, no.

I mean last night, on one drive I watched Derek Carr throw a bad pass to an open receiver, not identify an open receiver, almost throw an interception, then fumble out of the back of the end zone on an unnecessary reach.  And that's supposed to be a franchise QB.

Just now, Worm Guts said:

I mean last night, on one drive I watched Derek Carr throw a bad pass to an open receiver, not identify an open receiver, almost throw an interception, then fumble out of the back of the end zone on an unnecessary reach.  And that's supposed to be a franchise QB.

And you don’t think Oakland fans, or coaches, are upset, concerned, or critical of his play?

Keenum was 20 of 23 (86.9%) for 236 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, a performance that generated a 138.4 passer rating. It’s the sixth game in which Keenum has authored a triple-digit passer rating and the fifth such performance in the last six weeks.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Takeaways-from-Sundays-Win-Over-Cincinnati/f9450e90-f530-427a-87e7-ddb2f550c197?sf176645001=1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The efficiency at which Shurmur has got this offense running is impressive. 

I’d like to see running game pick it up a bit, however. 

This is the whole point of his offense. Was like this everywhere he has been. Really isn't the big plays, but to keep the ball moving down the field. Get the ball out of the QB's hands and into it's playmakers in space.

This type of offense relies on a strong defense and a running game working.

The running game is working and we do well.

I agree tho, I'd like to see the running game to pick up even more also.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The efficiency at which Shurmur has got this offense running is impressive. 

I’d like to see running game pick it up a bit, however. 

I'd like to think a lot of that has to do with the current state of the o-line.

The run game was A LOT better with Elf not on the shelf.

But you're right....we're going to need a stronger run game in the playoffs. It'll be nice to be able to get to 2nd down and mid instead of 2nd and 9-13. It'll also be nice to be able to run the ball in the early 4th quarter in a playoff game and take 5-6 minutes off the clock in a drive with the lead.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I'd like to think a lot of that has to do with the current state of the o-line.

The run game was A LOT better with Elf not on the shelf.

But you're right....we're going to need a stronger run game in the playoffs. It'll be nice to be able to get to 2nd down and mid instead of 2nd and 9-13. It'll also be nice to be able to run the ball in the early 4th quarter in a playoff game and take 5-6 minutes off the clock in a drive with the lead.

To be honest, I'm surprised our run game has been as effective as it has been.  Both McKinnon and Murray are pretty average backs.

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i didn't see any of the game yesterday (traveling) just the highlights and stats.

what was with all the penalties? what was going on there?

Dumb mistakes. I think there was a point in the game where the team was getting a little unfocused. We were so far ahead, that a little complacency set in. 

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

I would hope they do. It just seem to me there has been an unusual focus on Keenum's mistakes in this forum compared to other players.

From my experience, it seems that this forum does an excellent job of tearing every players performance to shreds.  With special attention given to quarterbacks, offensive linemen and cornerbacks.

Archived