Who is cementing their HOF status this year?

General Tso

Who are guys who, if they retired in 2022 wouldn't be in HOF but their season is elevating them to HOF this season?

Tyreek Hill - If he just retired after 2022, he'd probably be in the HOF. But he's most likely the OPOY this year and some are even arguing MVP and we see how he elevates an offense.

Mike Evans - The longevity of 10 years straight of 1k yards. Admittedly he has less total stats than guys like Holt and Wayne who have been semifinalists, so this can go either way.

Jason Kelce - Not sure if this was in debate, but I foresee another AP selection for him.

TJ Watt - IF he wins DPOY, anyone who wins multiple DPOY is in the HOF or is on their way (Aaron Donald)

Already HOF (in my opinion)

Patrick Mahomes

Aaron Donald

Travis Kelce

Zack Martin

Tyron Smith

Von Miller

Aaron Rodgers

Patrick Peterson

Bobby Wagner

Trent Williams

• Like 1

Matthew Stafford. I think what he is doing this season is just as great as what he did in his Superbowl run. To take a team where its totally dependent on YOU being ELITE and you are ELITE possibly going to make the playoffs is amazing. 

What most dont know is the Rams werent even looking at this season as being anything but development from the young guys, the older guys like Stafford, Kupp, Donald just have this team competitive enough, and then in the 2024 offseason go for it all again and try to open up the Superbowl window again. So Stafford literally dragged this team to where it is now. IF the Rams miss the playoffs its going to be the one game he didnt play and the Rams lost which was the Packers game. Most will agree that if he had played that game the Rams wouldve won. 

Plus most people said coming into the season that he was washed. He has shown he is far from washed. So again I think that if he didnt validate a HOF after what he did in his Superbowl year I think he is going to validate it this season on what he is doing on this version of the Rams. 

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Who are guys who, if they retired in 2022 wouldn't be in HOF but their season is elevating them to HOF this season?

Tyreek Hill - If he just retired after 2022, he'd probably be in the HOF. But he's most likely the OPOY this year and some are even arguing MVP and we see how he elevates an offense.

Mike Evans - The longevity of 10 years straight of 1k yards. Admittedly he has less total stats than guys like Holt and Wayne who have been semifinalists, so this can go either way.

Jason Kelce - Not sure if this was in debate, but I foresee another AP selection for him.

TJ Watt - IF he wins DPOY, anyone who wins multiple DPOY is in the HOF or is on their way (Aaron Donald)

I never saw Mike Evans as a HOF WR. Zero (0) All-Pros testifies to the fact that he never had a dominant peak, but has been good/very good on a consistent basis. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I never saw Mike Evans as a HOF WR. Zero (0) All-Pros testifies to the fact that he never had a dominant peak, but has been good/very good on a consistent basis. 

He's the frank gore of receivers. I do expect him to get in though

• Like 10

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Matthew Stafford. I think what he is doing this season is just as great as what he did in his Superbowl run. To take a team where its totally dependent on YOU being ELITE and you are ELITE possibly going to make the playoffs is amazing. 

What most dont know is the Rams werent even looking at this season as being anything but development from the young guys, the older guys like Stafford, Kupp, Donald just have this team competitive enough, and then in the 2024 offseason go for it all again and try to open up the Superbowl window again. So Stafford literally dragged this team to where it is now. IF the Rams miss the playoffs its going to be the one game he didnt play and the Rams lost which was the Packers game. Most will agree that if he had played that game the Rams wouldve won. 

Plus most people said coming into the season that he was washed. He has shown he is far from washed. So again I think that if he didnt validate a HOF after what he did in his Superbowl year I think he is going to validate it this season on what he is doing on this version of the Rams. 

If Stafford wasn't in HOF discussions already, I'm not sure this particular season would be moving the needle in that regard. Like I don't see why 2023 of all years is going to put his case over the top.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

If Stafford wasn't in HOF discussions already, I'm not sure this particular season would be moving the needle in that regard. Like I don't see why 2023 of all years is going to put his case over the top.

Stafford has no all pros, one pro bowl, one comeback player trophy, no other hardware. He won the super bowl , but didn't get super bowl MVP. The bulk stats are fun, but will grow less meaningful. 

Pfr has his Hof monitor about 30% lower than the average Hof QB. 

I do not think at this very moment he's going to get a strong push for hall of fame, though the career isn't over, so who knows

• Like 3

It's too early to put him just based off of this year, but I think this year has pushed McCaffrey into the fold where he really wasn't there prior.  If he adds a rushing crown and a ring, his case is going to be a conversation, with a probable 1st team all-pro and 20 tds.  Might pick up an MVP vote with a strong finish.  I don't know how modern RB bulk stat standards are going to be viewed, by the time he is eligible,  but the peak years will be there.  A great post season run would go a long way for him.  If he goes '19 Derrick Henry, and they finish the job, I think he's going to be viewed as a HoF'er.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Stafford has no all pros, one pro bowl, one comeback player trophy, no other hardware. He won the super bowl , but didn't get super bowl MVP. The bulk stats are fun, but will grow less meaningful. 

Pfr has his Hof monitor about 30% lower than the average Hof QB. 

I do not think at this very moment he's going to get a strong push for hall of fame, though the career isn't over, so who knows

I think if by some miracle they go all the way and he gets another ring he's in but I really don't see that happening. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Throwing out rookie years, here is 1 WR who is nowhere close to the HOF compared to Mike Evans. Can you guess who it is??

WR Anonymous 

9 seasons, 3 Pro Bowls, 2x All Pro, NFL receptions leader, 2x SB champion

• Receptions- 775
  • Yards- 10,488
  • TDs- 62

Mike Evans

9 seasons, 4 Pro Bowls, 0 All Pro, 1 SB champion

• Receptions- 681
  • Yards- 10,451
  • TDs- 80 
  • Like 2