Who is cementing their HOF status this year?

General Tso

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Really? I feel like he will obviously get in with time, but if he dropped dead today, idk. There has to be more longevity for me to say it. That said, I would bet every dollar I own and every life I care about on him becoming a HOFer. 

Yea, 2 MVPs and 2 Super Bowl MVPs. I understand he only has 5 years of experience coming in, but he's kind of just dominant.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Really? I feel like he will obviously get in with time, but if he dropped dead today, idk. There has to be more longevity for me to say it. That said, I would bet every dollar I own and every life I care about on him becoming a HOFer. 

If Terrell Davis can get in for four seasons, then Mahomes can get in for six. Pat’s got a better resume than guys who’ve played x3 as long.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Matthew Stafford. I think what he is doing this season is just as great as what he did in his Superbowl run. To take a team where its totally dependent on YOU being ELITE and you are ELITE possibly going to make the playoffs is amazing. 

What most dont know is the Rams werent even looking at this season as being anything but development from the young guys, the older guys like Stafford, Kupp, Donald just have this team competitive enough, and then in the 2024 offseason go for it all again and try to open up the Superbowl window again. So Stafford literally dragged this team to where it is now. IF the Rams miss the playoffs its going to be the one game he didnt play and the Rams lost which was the Packers game. Most will agree that if he had played that game the Rams wouldve won. 

Plus most people said coming into the season that he was washed. He has shown he is far from washed. So again I think that if he didnt validate a HOF after what he did in his Superbowl year I think he is going to validate it this season on what he is doing on this version of the Rams. 

You think Matt is elite this year?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Stafford has no all pros, one pro bowl, one comeback player trophy, no other hardware. He won the super bowl , but didn't get super bowl MVP. The bulk stats are fun, but will grow less meaningful. 

Pfr has his Hof monitor about 30% lower than the average Hof QB. 

I do not think at this very moment he's going to get a strong push for hall of fame, though the career isn't over, so who knows

It's unfortunate because it's a narrative thing. Compare these two stat lines for Super Bowl winning QBs:

26/42 315 total yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs, passer rating of 78

Game winning TD drive before defense closed the door

Super Bowl MVP

26/40 289 total yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs, passer rating of 89

NOT Super Bowl MVP

The first is Mahomes against the Niners, with a healthy Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce along with a fairly successful run game

The second is Stafford against the Bengals, with no reliable second option after OBJ went down and no run game to speak of

Pretty sure if everything was the same but Stafford's name was "Mahomes" that day, he wins Super Bowl MVP.

I also don't think it's fair to hold all pros against him considering the QB era he's played in.

But having said all that, I don't think this season solidifies the HoF for him. It should be another step because of what the external expectations were for the Rams and how well he's played, but that Super Bowl MVP deal already kind of shows that people just don't give him the same leeway that they give some other QBs.

IMO he should need at least another season like this, and probably a playoff run of some kind next year and then he'd deserve it. But I don't think it'll happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

It's unfortunate because it's a narrative thing. Compare these two stat lines for Super Bowl winning QBs:

Super Bowl MVP

NOT Super Bowl MVP

The first is Mahomes against the Niners, with a healthy Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce along with a fairly successful run game

The second is Stafford against the Bengals, with no reliable second option after OBJ went down and no run game to speak of

Pretty sure if everything was the same but Stafford's name was "Mahomes" that day, he wins Super Bowl MVP.

I also don't think it's fair to hold all pros against him considering the QB era he's played in.

But having said all that, I don't think this season solidifies the HoF for him. It should be another step because of what the external expectations were for the Rams and how well he's played, but that Super Bowl MVP deal already kind of shows that people just don't give him the same leeway that they give some other QBs.

IMO he should need at least another season like this, and probably a playoff run of some kind next year and then he'd deserve it. But I don't think it'll happen.

Mahomes winning that MVP was dumb, I thought. I believed that Williams should have gotten it

• Like 1

Stat Padford is on the first page?  

The guy has led the league in attempts twice, completions once, and INTs once.  He has never been a top 5 QB in any season.  

I'll just nominate Randall Cobb.  He played a lot of games for my favorite team, and he seems like a nice guy.  

Can we please stop trying to make this the Hall of Above Average?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Super Bowl MVP

NOT Super Bowl MVP

I mean 2 things

1.)The 2019 49ers are on a different tier from the 2021 Bengals though who are in the bottom 7-10 teams to ever play in the superbowl. Defensively in particular,  it’s not close. When we are comparing superbowl performance the quality of the opposing teams should matter. 

2.)When you say All pros and era are you implying that if I put Stafford in another era he would be racking them up?

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He has played at level no one else has and has two rings. He is like the TD of qbs if he called it quits now.

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yes, he's absolutely a lock even if he had his leg amputated tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Myles Garrett.

With all due respect, at he rate Myles has gone post-injury how can one argue this? He is likely not going to finish as an AP1 if his current month of production continues (as it's dropped him out of the top 5 in every pass rush stat except for PRWR and DBL Rate). He was on pace to join the "Most since Reggie White" club with the Watt brothers but his fall off has knocked him out of that club. One additional Pro Bowl wouldn't add Garrett to HOF status as a 90 sack guy IMO.

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You think Matt is elite this year?

Yes. Look at his stats in terms of big time throws which are amongst the best, his turnover over worth plays are amongst the best, his passing stats are now starting to reflect how great he has been bc he is now starting to throw tds. Early on he wouldnt have the passing tds even though he was throwing the ball very well. And like I said he is taking a team that has a bunch of rookies and new starters to possibly the playoffs. The Rams front office made it very clear in the offseason that they are focusing on 2024 but Stafford has carried this team to still have a nice 2023.