Who is cementing their HOF status this year?

General Tso

Stafford is so talented, definite HOF talent but not always been given the best situation. He was good when we won the Super Bowl - definitely special towards the end. This season, when healthy, he’s been unreal. The talent jumps off the screen. He doesn’t have the TD stats that he probably should, but he’s been unbelievable. It feels like a lot of the INTs haven’t been on him and the drops have been a killer. 

12 minutes ago, Soko said:

I hate arguments where “Player X will finish with Y stats, and everyone with Y stats is in the HOF”. 

Especially when it’s bulk stats.

Especially when it's passing related bulk stats. We all clearly should know by now that these have gotten steadily inflated over time.

Like, every HOF eligible QB with over 47k passing yards is in the hall. Or 300+ passing TDs, if you prefer. That shouldn't guarantee a ticket to Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, Wilson, etc.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 12:20 PM, seminoles1 said:

I'm highly skeptical of this take.

While the comment is somewhat hyperbolic, at season's end TJ Watt could have the following resume.

4x First Team All-Pro

3x Deacon Jones Award (1st Time Ever)

2 20+ Sack Seasons

1 DPoTY

97.5 Sacks in 104 Games

And you will have people who firmly believe he's the fourth best Edge in the league due to PRWR and Double Team Rate as if production (Pressures, Sacks, Hits, TFL) doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I actually don't think the 2023 season cenemts anyone's HOF status that I can think of. 

A lot of underwhelming play/results for people who might have, others were already cemented, and 2023 might aid some in cementing their status going forward, but 2023 was more of a breakout year for a lot of unestablished guys than a cementing year for established guys. 

Stafford and Ryan might end up making it but that's only because QBs have a far lower bar for entry. Eli, Rivers, etc. also don't deserve it but will make it.

Mike Evans should get it, longevity is a form of excellence too and he deserves a lot of respect for that.

16 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

Mike Evans should get it, longevity is a form of excellence too and he deserves a lot of respect for that.

I hope he finishes the season strong and gets his first All-Pro nod. He now leads the league in TD catches, so if he can hold that lead and finish top 5ish in yards, he has a shot.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 2:15 PM, Jakuvious said:

To those who think Mike Evans belongs in the hall, I have one question. Had he had 5 fewer receiving yards in 2017 (he ended at 1001 yards) would he still be a hall of famer, to you? He would then have a run of 3 1k season to start his career, and a run of 6 1k seasons currently.

Still very likely

If you put Stafford in now you would have to pretty much put in every QB that has won a Super Bowl. This means Trent Dilfer, Carson Wentz, Phil Simms, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco and Russel Wilson would all have to be in. People want to put in as any QB's in the HOF as they can when players at other positions who are worthy have to wait and that is not fair. 

Edited by Ninersfan1984

42 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m curious, is Derrick Henry considered a lock or does he need to reach the 10,000 rushing yards/100 TDs mark?

I don't consider him a "lock", but I think he'll likely get in, especially since he probably has more football left in him. I just don't know how the HOF is going to judge running backs moving forward because clearly the league has shifted and they shouldn't be expected to put up the bulk numbers they once did. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't consider him a "lock", but I think he'll likely get in, especially since he probably has more football left in him. I just don't know how the HOF is going to judge running backs moving forward because clearly the league has shifted and they shouldn't be expected to put up the bulk numbers they once did. 

Yeah, I don’t know if we’re going by rushing yard total, scrimmage yard total or just a “know it when you see it” feeling when it comes to RBs now in days.

Henry (and to lesser degrees McCaffrey and Chubb) are the RBs with the best chance at getting in imo. They have been the most consistent, with enough longevity and the accolades post the 2011 pass explosion season. I’m just wondering if those guys aren’t viewed as HOF worthy for their era, when and/or if will be the next time we see a HOF RB.