QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where you been man? I've been talking up McCarthy since August. I'm all in on him.

Working a lot of overtime and only mid level paying attention. Haha.  Well, we shall see how he does in the league.  I just hope it's not for us.  

59 minutes ago, Totty said:

Working a lot of overtime and only mid level paying attention. Haha.  Well, we shall see how he does in the league.  I just hope it's not for us.  

Watch more of him and I think you'll be surprised. Very, very mobile. To the point where his legs would be a threat in the NFL in the redzone. Accurate on the run. Good arm and accuracy. You will see wow throws at times. Excellent pocket presence. Only 20 years old and has made steady progress from year to year. I see elements of a lot of the good qb's in the league in him. And his trajectory is only up. I'd take him in the top 10 and feel good about it. He just has ok stats because UMich likes to run and their receivers are mid. In a bad conference with a pass happy spread system he'd be racking up huge numbers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What don't you like with him?

Who do you prefer not named Maye or Williams?

I say this every year.. I'm far from a scout and I generally go with a "feel" so to speak. 

Not a fan of Williams at all, haven't been at any point. 

Love Maye, wish we could get him, but doubt our ability to trade up where he's going to go

I LIKE Daniels.  I liked him before the Heisman win.  Lamar lite.  Keep in mind there was a ton of questions about Jackson the year he got taken at the end of round one. 

I like Penix. Not heavily, but think he could be decent in the right situation. 

Nix,meh but with a LARGE trade back.  

Same with McCarthy.  Less confidence. 

I'm the same guy who pounded the table for Blake Bortles. . . So? 

I think the Harbaugh effect with McCarthy bothers me. He made Colin Kaepernick look AMAZING.  There have been a few other really good QBs at Michigan that aren't anything now as well.  Looking back that freaks me out with a prospect of talent under him.  

• Like 1

1st choice: Kyler Murray is the best QB option with a player that is still young, mobile, experienced accurate. Problem is the contract. I’d imagine that the draft compensation would be low to acquire Murray due to the contract 

Cousins would be 1B if not for the Achilles injury. I wouldn’t touch him at all. 

2nd choice: Fields is intriguing and could improve with good coaching. Favorable contract now but could exceed Kyler deal within a year if he improves. He will probably cost a 1st round pick given all the needy QB team’s driving up the market

3rd choice: Winston and Darnold are low cost FA reclamation projects where both could end up as starters again soon. Also wouldn’t mind adding Brissett or Minshew. 

I don’t know enough about the QB draft class yet. I’d like to wait until more evaluation time. Don’t know if Ewers or McCarthy will declare. I think they won’t but we will see. 
So far Williams, Rattler, Maye and Daniels have declared. We could see QBs go off the board in the top 4.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474hitbes0hac8dvepxi

Who is this and why should I trust his opinion? And my lord his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I made it 14 seconds. 

I've personally been to a few of his functions in Vegas and he always has players there that you can meet. So I've seen first hand he does talk to players and they participate in some of his functions. Doesn’t guarantee what he's saying is true but he does talk to players.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I heard players are pounding the table to make that trade. Kelley has a connection.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Source? He's not even available...... yet. 

Stuff like this cracks me up for a number of reasons.

1st: We have no idea if guys like Jacobs, Adams, Renfrow, etc. among others are even going to be back next year so who are the guys that are pounding the table to trade for Fields?

2nd: We also have no idea if Kelly and/or AP/Offensive staff will be back next year either, it all depends on how we finish this season, so players are asking guys in interim roles to trade for a player when their jobs depend on how we finish this year and a lot of that falls on AOC's performance. If we roll with a new front office they're going to want their own guys so even guys under contract aren't safe at all.

3rd: We're in the playoff mix and we need AOC to play well to get us there but his teammates are pounding the table for the organization to trade for another QB? Doesn't seem like the team has much faith in him, lmao.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Stuff like this cracks me up for a number of reasons.

1st: We have no idea if guys like Jacobs, Adams, Renfrow, etc. among others are even going to be back next year so who are the guys that are pounding the table to trade for Fields?

2nd: We also have no idea if Kelly and/or AP/Offensive staff will be back next year either, it all depends on how we finish this season, so players are asking guys in interim roles to trade for a player when their jobs depend on how we finish this year and a lot of that falls on AOC's performance. If we roll with a new front office they're going to want their own guys so even guys under contract aren't safe at all.

3rd: We're in the playoff mix and we need AOC to play well to get us there but his teammates are pounding the table for the organization to trade for another QB? Doesn't seem like the team has much faith in him, lmao.

1st Correction YOU have no idea who's going to be back but the staff might.

2nd The team is clearly playing hard for AP and I'm sure they have told Mark they want him back doesn't mean Mark will listen.

3rd He clearly stated the team likes AOC but yes some think he doesn't  have enough athleticism to be a long term starter, that's actually something we all should know by now, even after beating KC he led us to 6 points, we lost to MIN 3-0. You think guys are not sitting there thinking if we had NFL caliber QB we'd have like 10 wins, yes they want someone better. And the guy who could end up as the next GM is already looking at possibilities.

34 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

1st Correction YOU have no idea who's going to be back but the staff might.

2nd The team is clearly playing hard for AP and I'm sure they have told Mark they want him back doesn't mean Mark will listen.

3rd He clearly stated the team likes AOC but yes some think he doesn't  have enough athleticism to be a long term starter, that's actually something we all should know by now, even after beating KC he led us to 6 points, we lost to MIN 3-0. You think guys are not sitting there thinking if we had NFL caliber QB we'd have like 10 wins, yes they want someone better. And the guy who could end up as the next GM is already looking at possibilities.

I highly doubt that players who don't even know if they'll be back, who the coach will be or who the GM will be are currently pounding the table with the interim GM to trade for Justin Fields when we're in the playoff hunt. I doubt that those same players would be leaking that information to a guy who has zero media credentials and makes Raiders youtube content for a living.

If you want to trust Mitchell Renz as your source for Raiders information, knock yourself out. He also said we were going to trade Jacobs and that he heard that from someone on the team the day before we gave him a new contract.