Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

I used to follow Allbright on twitter.  He has some good takes, likes to toot his horn when he is right often.  He has some good contacts because he usually has good insight.  I stopped following him when he started posting about politics.  If I wanted to read about politics I would follow politicians.  I deleted FB a long time ago because of the same reasons.  All in all I thought the information he passed a long was insightful, but I could care less about his opinion on worldly matters.

Not to mention I think he gave a shout out not too long ago to another poster in the draft section and his followers increased by ten fold.  I think he's one of ya'lls favorite posters too.

11 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I used to follow Allbright on twitter.  He has some good takes, likes to toot his horn when he is right often.  He has some good contacts because he usually has good insight.  I stopped following him when he started posting about politics.  If I wanted to read about politics I would follow politicians.  I deleted FB a long time ago because of the same reasons.  All in all I thought the information he passed a long was insightful, but I could care less about his opinion on worldly matters.

Not to mention I think he gave a shout out not too long ago to another poster in the draft section and his followers increased by ten fold.  I think he's one of ya'lls favorite posters too.

This pretty much confirms my thoughts, thank you sir.

Just now, brownie man said:

There is his name is 

Saquon Barkley

I like Barkley a lot as a running back and wouldn't complain if we got him. I just hate drafting RB's so high, especially in this draft where I also LOVE Guice, Chubb, and Love, who may be just as/almost as productive and from a value standpoint are much better.

go back and watch him

Like I said, I do really like him, I just don't see the second coming of Barry Sanders like some.

i don’t want to trade down 

I totally understand. For me, it depends on who/what we get in return. If some team want to trade from #5 to #3 and sweetens the deal by throwing us a #1 and #2 in 2019, I'm taking that deal 10 times out of 10 as long as I've already gotten my Franchise QB.

he’s Todd Gurley good 

Maybe so. 100% of people also thought that Trent Richardson was "can't miss". I think he's legit, but no one is a guarantee.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I totally understand. For me, it depends on who/what we get in return. If some team want to trade from #5 to #3 and sweetens the deal by throwing us a #1 and #2 in 2019, I'm taking that deal 10 times out of 10 as long as I've already gotten my Franchise QB.

Maybe so. 100% of people also thought that Trent Richardson was "can't miss". I think he's legit, but no one is a guarantee.

Completely agree. If the choice is between Saquon at 3, or a trade down to 5 for an extra first etc, I'm also taking that deal ten out of ten times.

Grab Minkah at 5, take your favourite non-Barkley RB in the 2nd somewhere (so many good backs this year) and you've got another first and more from the trade! 

This team needs more than just an upgrade at RB. I also share your sentiments on Barkley. He'll most likely be a really nice back, there's not much to suggest he won't be, but I'm not completely sold. I've seen him stuffed behind the line more than I would like and seen numerous games where he had a trend of maintaining a 2.9ypc or something and then broke off one big run. That can be looked at both positively and negatively. Either it means he has some trouble consistently getting burst off the snap or you look it and say well, hey, he's breaking a big run every game. Barkley is awesome in the open field and is supposed to have great long speed. Trent Richardson was built similarly and timed fast too so at the time it seemed blasphemous to suggest he could be slow off the snap. We saw how that turned out. I'm not saying Barkley is him but I've seen a few live games and I have to admit a little shade of doubt crept into my thinking... meanwhile the media were losing their minds and crowning him the GOAT RB prospect over him throwing a touchdown pass and returning a couple of opening kickoffs for scores. I'm not saying that's all he is but kick return TDs and gimmick Heisman RB passes does not a Barry Sanders make.

Again, I'll reiterate that I fancy him more likely to be really good than bad. But I have to be honest with what I see. I'm not 100% certain I'm seeing a slam dunk all-time RB.

Then you add to that I really like two or three other overshadowed RBs, and I'm not particularly keen on dropping a Top 5 overall pick on him.

Wouldn't stay mad for too long if he turns into a freak NFL RB, but it's not my first choice.

I am all for Barkley but where is this Barry Sanders comparison nonsense coming from anyway? I feel like these idiot draft analyst and all you young bucks never really watched Barry Sanders. No one before him or since him has ever had a remotely similar game or running style. There was a punt returner 10 years ago or so who gave me some Barry Sanders flashbacks with his crazy legs and ability to make cuts almost sitting on the turf, but even he was no comparison as he was much leaner in frame and not as powerful. Barry Sanders is without a doubt the most unique player the NFL has ever seen. I don't know why anyone is even looking to make a comparison to Barry.

Archived