Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

Maurice Hurst isn't a top 15 player, german. He's got a goofy build and is a tweener. He isn't a fit for our defense anyways, which is already loaded with sparkplug 3-Techs. It's a bad pick IMO.

James Washington is good, but he's another dude that will slide due to his frame and ht/wt/spd. He's not small, but he lacks the great size to make up for his average speed. He's a good route runner and competes for the football very well, but those guys don't get drafted early unless they can routinely run away from people. It doesn't mean he won't be a good player, but he won't get taken ahead of several of the athletic freaks in this class.

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Maurice Hurst isn't a top 15 player, german. He's got a goofy build and is a tweener. He isn't a fit for our defense anyways, which is already loaded with sparkplug 3-Techs. It's a bad pick IMO.

James Washington is good, but he's another dude that will slide due to his frame and ht/wt/spd. He's not small, but he lacks the great size to make up for his average speed. He's a good route runner and competes for the football very well, but those guys don't get drafted early unless they can routinely run away from people. It doesn't mean he won't be a good player, but he won't get taken ahead of several of the athletic freaks in this class.

Seems to me some of the publications list his speed at 4.5   (washington)

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Sounds like you have done your homework, I guess we will need the Combine to confirm your beliefs, before reaching a final conclusion.

On 12/16/2017 at 1:43 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Devante Kincade would make a nice late round WR/KR project.

I agree. He’s electric with the ball, lateral agility is insane. And he’s really not bad throwing either.  Can’t lie that was a fun game to watch. 

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Am I the only person that needs to see another special game from Barkley? I guess I just expected a little more from him ( yes I know he got a lot of attention) 

I'm sold. He has everything you need in a RB. Ultimately his success will be tied to OL play, as is all RB success, but what he can do when the play is well blocked is spectacular. We have a good enough OL here to give our RB several chances to make things happen in space and I'd love to see him take advantage of that in the Brown and Orange.

There is nothing missing in his game. His OL is terrible and it results in a lot of meh games, but that doesn't concern me. It's not like he played poorly; he just didn't have any room to show his talent. I would be pretty salty if we passed up on Barkley if he were available to us at #4-#7.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

His OL is terrible and it results in a lot of meh games, but that doesn't concern me. It's not like he played poorly; he just didn't have any room to show his talent. I would be pretty salty if we passed up on Barkley if he were available to us at #4-#7.

Be salty if you will but I was at the game today and instead of always watching the ball I watched individual players on O and D.

Our OL is not terrible but not terribly good, either.

In it's defense I will say that the play calling was terrible.

Maybe under a better OC and OL coach they can do better.

But even with that, there is no way I am spending a high pick on any RB, including Barkley.

Just now, bruceb said:

Be salty if you will but I was at the game today and instead of always watching the ball I watched individual players on O and D.

Our OL is not terrible but not terribly good, either.

In it's defense I will say that the play calling was terrible.

Maybe under a better OC and OL coach they can do better.

But even with that, there is no way I am spending a high pick on any RB, including Barkley.

We have an OL somewhere in the 12-15 range in the NFL. That's plenty good enough for a great RB to work with.

Would you spend a high pick on Adrian Peterson and Ezekiel Elliot? I would only draft unbelievably talented RB's this high. And Barkley is unbelievably talented IMO.

Archived