Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wow there’s a cat on UCF playing without a hand! Shaquem Griffin is his name

Dude is pretty good. I coached a kid once who was missing a hand, he was not very good lol

Binged some Mayfield in prep for tonight's game.

Every throw is to a wide open guy. I didn't realise it was quite that severe. It's not even close to the degree of difficulty Josh Rosen had. Or even Sam Darnold.

You can only make the plays in front of you but there is no way anyone can point to his efficient production as proof that he'll succeed. It's a major projection no matter how you shine it. Simply based on the ridiculous o-line he has and the easy throws.

Also, something else that is quite funny because why not lighten up this forum after what we've been through.

I just sat my brother down and made him watch three highlight videos of the three QBs. He has a vague knowledge of the sport and barely a passing interest in it. Mainly keeps an eye out just because he is a good brother and knows I like it.

These were his observations:

- EASILY liked Josh Rosen the most. He noticed that he had a pleasing throwing motion and was "just sat there, hardly moving and dealing the ball around, he clearly looks comfortable".

- Initial thoughts on Sam Darnold were that he made him feel anxious and that he was "too antsy and feels erratic". He expected a big guy like him to be more comfortable sat in the pocket. 

- After a couple of minutes of Mayfield plays. His first comment "look how much time he has, there's literally nobody close to him, all he has to do is wait for someone to get open and throw it to them, no pressure. Surely being an NFL QB is more than that?"

- When I told him Rosen seemingly had reservations about the Browns and Darnold didn't, he still believed Rosen is the best QB but he said weighing it up we should take Darnold and not look back. He saw enough to think he can be good with time.

- Just for the splash highlights, I showed him a Saquon Barkley vid. "It's crazy how he keeps his speed when making hard cuts and he has a second gear to get away".

I actually agreed with basically all of it.

TL:dr, my English, non-football fan brother would probably be the best GM we've had since 1999.

14 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Binged some Mayfield in prep for tonight's game.

Every throw is to a wide open guy. I didn't realise it was quite that severe. It's not even close to the degree of difficulty Josh Rosen had. Or even Sam Darnold.

You can only make the plays in front of you but there is no way anyone can point to his efficient production as proof that he'll succeed. It's a major projection no matter how you shine it. Simply based on the ridiculous o-line he has and the easy throws.

Oklahoma schemes very well and they have a stout OL. Mayfield still has to hit the receivers but a lot of his success has to do with scheme me thinks. 

Here are 2 offseasons: first is what I want to happen, second is what I believe will happen due to Dorsey

Trade: 2nd for A.J. McCarron's tender

FA: Sam Bradford, Prince Amukamara, Lamarcus Joyner

Draft:

1. Sam Darnold

1. Saquon Barkley 

1. Billy Price    TRADE 33, 4th and 6th for 25 

2. Maurice Hurst DT Michigan 

2. Carlton Davis CB

3. Desmond Harrison T West Georgia

4. Marcus Allen S Penn St.

5. Braxton Berrios Slot WR Miami

7. Jack Cichy OLB Wisconsin 

Dorsey's offseason

Trade: 2nd for A.J. McCarron's RFA tender

FA: Terrelle Pryor, Malcolm Butler, Sheldon Richardson

Draft:

1. TRADE #1 to Denver for 5, 37 2019 1st, 2nd, 2020 2nd. Browns now have 4, 5, 36, 37, ~60

1. Baker Mayfield

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick

2. Orlando Brown

2. Sony Michel

2. Carlton Davis 

3. Uchena Nwosu

Will finish later

Archived