New Years Eve Eve GDT - Bears/Falcons

beardown3231

Serious risk of winning our way out of Nabers-WR/Bowers-TE range with our 2nd pick already.... So hoping for a tank loss

That said.... I think we matchup against the Falcons pretty well and I think it's gonna be a tough game for them.

Hopefully Fields can play well enough to up his trade value a bit, considering Atlanta is one of the prime proposed suitors.

11 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

ATL looked like horse crap against CAR and competent against a pretty decent indy team. The carolina team we beat easily, the indy team i think makes it 50/50. should be a good game regardless

Well I would say they just didn’t look like a mess like they have for most of the season.

At home in the Dome, they got good Heinicke (no turnovers, and more importantly no back breakers). The way this Bears defense is playing, that will be the X factor, as ATL does not do well off turnovers 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Our schedule this year has been easiest in my fandom that goes back to 1984.  

I know,  makes me crazy.  The long rest weeks with the Thursday games, a decent timed bye week.  All added up to a super soft schedule. Think the NFL thought the Bears would be good/better this year and maybe gifted them a bit.  Honestly that was a big part of me thinking they would make the playoffs this year, combined with general NFC-ness.  If they hadn't found ways to beat the odds and lose those three games they had seemingly unassailable leads in they would be in right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I know,  makes me crazy.  The long rest weeks with the Thursday games, a decent timed bye week.  All added up to a super soft schedule. Think the NFL thought the Bears would be good/better this year and maybe gifted them a bit.  Honestly that was a big part of me thinking they would make the playoffs this year, combined with general NFC-ness.  If they hadn't found ways to beat the odds and lose those three games they had seemingly unassailable leads in they would be in right now.  

It factors in to how I am judging their performance.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You mean probably meeting the outsized expectations nearly everyone on here had for a team who just earned the #1 overall pick the previous year?

(7-8 wins and challenging for the playoffs)

To be fair,  if they hadn't blown even 2 out of 3 of those games they should have won they'd have the same record as the Bucs, Rams etc and would be in the playoffs.  

That expectation assumed we wouldn't be down to backups to the backup OL on multiple spots to start the season, and obviously couldn't forsee whatever happened in games like the Broncos,  Lions1, Browns. 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW