Are we sure the Browns aren't the best team?

General Tso

38 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

*Looks at thread title* 

Butler-4.jpg?width=600

At some point, their lack of consistent run game is going to get them killed against a really good pass defense that forces them to run the ball more. The injuries to all of the OTs has taken their outside run game out of the equation and more times than not it looks like they are running into brick walls at the LOS. Ford cannot cover up mistakes with freak ability like Chubb can. 

If Chubb was healthy, Id say yes but.....* heavy sigh* 

I mean, isn't that the Jets? Although playoff offenses are way better, so yeah I understand

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The best comparison for this years team I’ve said all year is the 2015-2016 Denver Broncos.

Both teams turned the ball over a ton on offense, but got bailed out by elite defenses.

Well we know the outcome of that Broncos season so..

14 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I don’t think Flacco ever came close throwing 30 int. Not even looking at stats. His issue was always accuracy. Guy was below avg in that department. He would make some

dumb throws that would leave you scratching your head, butt and ear. Like it was a hot mess… 

No, you're right. I'm certainly being a bit hyperbolic, it's not necessarily 2019 Jameis bad, but it feels the same vein to me. Like, peak Jameis quality of play, but with his 2019 volume.

I mean, if you took this 5 game sample size and extrapolated it to 17 games, Flacco's on pace for 27int lol.

Certainly, he's on pace for more TD as well to be fair, but that's still a lot. 

I just wonder if they are going to get punished for those turnovers when they play a team that has a threat at offense.

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

I just wonder if they are going to get punished for those turnovers when they play a team that has a threat at offense.

Not saying they are the most dangerous but it is not like they have not already done so to some degree:

-Win against Bengals w/Burrows  giving 1 int and 1 Fumble (not Flacco)

-Win against 49ers giving 2 int (not Flacco)

-Win against Colts giving 2 int (not Flacco)

-Win against Ravens giving 1 int and 1 fumble (not Flacco)

-Win against Jags giving 2 fumble and 1 int (Flacco)

Honestly, on the AFC side of the play offs the only team that would worry me is the Dolphins since they can have such an explosive offense. 

Edited by pscottdai

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Cleveland vs Tampa Bay would be an interesting super bowl

Would prefer Cleveland vs Detroit since both have never been there but the back story of Baker and the Browns would make for a media frenzy lead up if it were Tampa

Edited by pscottdai

The Browns are obviously a very dangerous team.

However, the way the Flacco is playing, he could easily have a 4 INT game. There were plenty of INTs left on the field by the Jets defense. 

What is remarkable about Flacco is how radically different his play style is. I hardly recognize him! 

Flacco was always the most boring, conservative QB despite his arm talent. Poor pre-snap, and would check down very readily post-snap. I've never seen a QB flip a switch and just go from conservative to hyper aggressive - at his age! He's like a guy who married the wrong girl in his early 20s and then got divorced in his late 30s, and now he's going crazy in Vegas.