2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

There was a lot of talk about him going back from multiple sources. I said it in the draft forum as recently as a few days ago that I was only 60/40 on him coming out because of the rumors. But lets be real - he never cost himself any money with any of those performances. He was always going in the top 5 and still had a realistic shot at being #1, especially since the Browns and Rosen don't appear to be a match based on each party's comments. I mean, it still sounds like Allen is going to be a top 10 guy potentially, which is insane given the year he just had. If Allen still has a viable option at being in the top 10, there's no way Darnold was going to suffer a major tumble. 

Yeah. He might have perhaps dropped out of being the first pick and I'm not even sure about that. But he'll be a top pick and get a big contract  even if he ends up being picked 2nd or 3rd or whatever. Plus it puts him one year closer to the big FA contract if he develops into a great qb. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There was a lot of talk about him going back from multiple sources. I said it in the draft forum as recently as a few days ago that I was only 60/40 on him coming out because of the rumors. But lets be real - he never cost himself any money with any of those performances. He was always going in the top 5 and still had a realistic shot at being #1, especially since the Browns and Rosen don't appear to be a match based on each party's comments. I mean, it still sounds like Allen is going to be a top 10 guy potentially, which is insane given the year he just had. If Allen still has a viable option at being in the top 10, there's no way Darnold was going to suffer a major tumble. 

If Allen, Darnald, Rosen, Mayfield, and Jackson go in the top 10 we will have hit the lottery. 

Little to no chance Jackson goes top 10. Allen/Darnold/Rosen all likely will, so then it comes down to Mayfield. It is pretty rare to see four QBs go in the top 10, or even three, but this may be the year for that. Heck, our pick either at #9 or #10 may become enticing to some team trying to trade up. Last year the Chiefs/Texans traded up to the #10/#12 slots I believe. 

Either way, I think we sit in a nice spot. QB heavy draft will allow us of having a choice of some really good players and possibly an elite talent. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Little to no chance Jackson goes top 10. Allen/Darnold/Rosen all likely will, so then it comes down to Mayfield. It is pretty rare to see four QBs go in the top 10, or even three, but this may be the year for that. Heck, our pick either at #9 or #10 may become enticing to some team trying to trade up. Last year the Chiefs/Texans traded up to the #10/#12 slots I believe. 

Either way, I think we sit in a nice spot. QB heavy draft will allow us of having a choice of some really good players and possibly an elite talent. 

It is extremely rare, and extremely likely to continue to be extremely rare, for four quarterbacks to go in the top three.

(Insert the old wink emoticon from the old forum)

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

It is extremely rare, and extremely likely to continue to be extremely rare, for four quarterbacks to go in the top three.

(Insert the old wink emoticon from the old forum)

(Insert confused emoticon from the old forum)

lol

What are you guys talking about? icon_confused.gif I really hope we make the playoffs next year eusa_pray.gif what a special group of posters we used to have icon_wink.gif I bet none of you thought this was possible icon_eek.gifForge will always have that stupid mahomes sig for the rest of time on that other forum icon_lol.gif many of you are probably wondering how tf I'm doing this eusa_think.gif don't bother trying, you'll only get frustrated eusa_wall.gif I'll never tell my secrets eusa_silenced.gif YAY for the return of the better emoticons eusa_dance.gif 

(Plenty more where that came from) 

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We all thought Mahomes was a late first-early second rounder and he ended up being near top 10.  It takes one team.

1 hour ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

We all thought Mahomes was a late first-early second rounder and he ended up being near top 10.  It takes one team.

Yep. If Lynch gets the phone ringing, he could get a good deal. I'm not enamored enough with the prospects available to absolutely have to stay at 9/10. We could drop some and get a first rounder next year, and with some luck, it could be a top 10, like the Browns' second first round pick this year. 

18 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

^(Copy and paste from the old forum if you're ambitious enough)

I did it, so you don't have to. Now everyone can right click on them, hit open in new tab, bookmark, then post the url whenever they want icon_wink.gif  

Any other requests? eusa_whistle.gif 

(I snagged a bunch from another phpbb2 forum and then used the code names to snag all of these, so its actually super easy) eusa_shifty.gif 

Outside of really liking Nelson I finally found my first draft crush of the year. I haven't been watching as much tape as last year but when watching Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis, he really stood out to me. He's not the big red zone target we need but he's an absolute stud who can be a number 1 in the NFL. I'll be keeping tabs on him during the senior bowl but I think that he will be available at our second pick, so I'm throwing my weight behind him right now. 

11 minutes ago, Geek said:

Outside of really liking Nelson I finally found my first draft crush of the year. I haven't been watching as much tape as last year but when watching Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis, he really stood out to me. He's not the big red zone target we need but he's an absolute stud who can be a number 1 in the NFL. I'll be keeping tabs on him during the senior bowl but I think that he will be available at our second pick, so I'm throwing my weight behind him right now. 

I know @48 1/2ers is a fan as well. I'll be honest, ive had a really tough time in finding draft crushes this year.

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I know @48 1/2ers is a fan as well. I'll be honest, ive had a really tough time in finding draft crushes this year.

44 minutes ago, Geek said:

love Miller, legit looked like Antonio Brown in multiple games I watched. Had a high volume offense and solid QB to sling it. Against UCF (a really good defense) he had one of the best performances i've seen in a really long time. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he showed a variety of skills to win against his defender. 

17 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

love Miller, legit looked like Antonio Brown in multiple games I watched. Had a high volume offense and solid QB to sling it. Against UCF (a really good defense) he had one of the best performances i've seen in a really long time. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he showed a variety of skills to win against his defender. 

His games against UCLA and UConn are the ones that sold me. He has really great body control and as you mentioned had a variety of ways to beat defenders. 

Archived